Anybody exchanged under warranty?

SuperSAT

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
What was the customer experience like? Need mine changed to various reasons. Knowing my luck the phone will be perfect at the Nokia Care Point. Lol. :p

Any takers? Thanks...

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
customer service is fast and shipping is free. sent mine in last week but status hasn't updated and their phone support and live chat aren't working now because of holiday >:[
i should have demanded that they send me a new temporary device so i have a phone to use meanwhile

flame l

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
customer service is fast and shipping is free. sent mine in last week but status hasn't updated and their phone support and live chat aren't working now because of holiday >:[
i should have demanded that they send me a new temporary device so i have a phone to use meanwhile
Did you send it directly to nokia or to your network ?

treble3

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
i sent mine direct to nokia uk and they sent me a replacement which arrived with a butchered sim tray and the speakers were faulty, so i sent it back again they sent me a repaired email and it arrived exactly the same, so i sent a nasty email to stephan elop to which he replied my team will deal with it, who at first didnt ring me back when they said they would so i sent another email and then i was dealt with again and they promised me a brand new retail boxed unit, i could have a colour of my choice and also it would be a totally sim free unit, as i had paid to get the last handset unlocked it took 2 weeks all in all but my new one will be delivered by ups to me tomorrow, i have the new imei number and have checked it online and it states no simlock ,so i have the same unit as one bought from clove expansys etc and i paid ?300 for the used 1 in the first place so not a bad result in the end, but i cant say im impressed with nokia uk but i have been spoilt with apple cs

gbbg

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I sent in mine for repair to their Dallas warehouse (from Austin). One week later, repair status remained unchanged so chatted with the CSR who apologized for the delay and escalated it to a higher level (also that I was 2 days away from leaving town). Next day got a call from Dallas warehouse and was offered a new replacement phone and was shipped overnight (though UPS ground).
Unfortunately, the vibration rattle persists in the new piece, so does a very little light leak. So meh.

SuperSAT

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for replies.

Shame to see faulty phones replaced with faulty phones!

I live here in the UK and am thinking to go in person, matter of finding the time. How quick did you get a new handset on them receiving your old one?

vedichymn

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Anyone swapped out at AT&T? My 920 is hard locking multiple times a day, just curious if I'll be getting a refurb or what.

This is my work phone, so I really can't send it off and be without it for any length of time.

madsedan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Was considering it due to the battery life on mine, its borderline unacceptable at this point and I've randomly had issues with not being able to hang up calls due to dust in the sensor. I am going to visit my at&t corporate store today to see what they advise, this battery issue is regodamdiculous.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
So I traded away my launch day Lumia 920 for an Android phone and recently came back. I got another Black Lumia 920 that was nearly identical to my original and it even made me to a double take on the IMEI because they were similar. The touchscreen is going out in the lower left-hand corner of the screen and I cannot use the back button easily. At times I might have to hit the back button two or three times and if I have a screen protector on it the button doesn't work at all.

I called on the 31st and I have a warranty replacement on its way to me.

ClixT

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Anyone swapped out at AT&T? My 920 is hard locking multiple times a day, just curious if I'll be getting a refurb or what.

This is my work phone, so I really can't send it off and be without it for any length of time.

Just give it a try. I got mine replaced by MS. :D
So far everything is great, no problems.

SuperSAT

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I have read that they send you a phone first, anybody know if this happens in the UK?

Please state what country you are from if you have exchanged? Thanks.

steeleblue

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

My son had his replaced by ATT. He called, they sent a new phone with a shipping label to return the old one. Took 3 days. But he has insurance through ATT so I don't know if it's different if you don't.

Oh, he returned it because it was locking up 2-3 times a day, especially on calls.

Sinabu

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Mine was swapped by Nokia but in reality it just comes from AT&T (Fort Worth Warehouse) Which is AT&T's. I got the replacement first and sent back the bad one. No problems with the new one so far.

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
just got my replacement phone back 2 days ago. mint condition. beautifully assembled: the gap between the screen and body is indiscernable now compared to very wide in the first device. the shiny metal back of the camera is a little more matte (but stil shiny) and looks much more legit. overall seems like I got a good phone not a faulty one. battery last at least 2 days of heavy use. (i do turn my phone off at night fyi)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs