Battery Drain Problem is Nokia Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
My Music+Video options were already set as they were in the screenshot shown, and I still have issues with music players. I'll try a different one than CloudMuzik and see if I still have nasty battery drain after leaving backing out. If no problems, then it's obviously something with CloudMuzik staying open.

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I'll definitely try this out. Thanks for the detective work!

No problem. Let me know how it goes. I'm curious if it was only affecting me specifically, or if it's something that we need to let Microsoft know about. I have had zero issues with battery life since disabling those two options.

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
So, I've been using Nokia Music today, and I can already tell you that I'm getting better battery life than I was with CloudMuzik. Even if I just opened CloudMuzik and closed it again without playing any music, my battery would start draining more. I'm using Nokia Music now, and even with playing music and then pausing and hitting the home key, I'm using less battery. So, I'm on the hunt for a better Google Music player again.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
This probably has nothing to do with it, but since I turned off the settings in Music my live tiles are not working. WP Central and Amazing Weather HD. I have unpinned and replaced, uninstalled and reinstalled and did a soft reset a few times...nothing is working...

andjography

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Okay, guys. Just wanted to come back here and report that my issue is solved.

Disabling the top two options in Xbox Music Hub seems to have done the trick. I still have to completely back out of Nokia Music to avoid the battery drain, but when I do, my idle drain is now normal. Before, even backing out of Nokia Music completely didn't work.

What's odd is that I noticed that even if I back completely out of Nokia Music, it stays playing in the music hub, so it doesn't actually kill it. Either way, I can now confidently use this phone again without worrying about the battery drain.

Okay, so after browsing the net, checking fb, twitter, and other social sites at least every 20 mins, taking pictures(lotsa 'em), and talking on the phone for almost 2.5hrs. In short, moderate use. I got this result. Follow the one posted above and you might have the same result.
image.jpg

pretty impressive!

Btw, I'm currently doing another test (I've drained the battery last night and charged it overnight) ) to see if the battery will perform better. I'll let y'all know the result later. ciao

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Okay, so after browsing the net, checking fb, twitter, and other social sites at least every 20 mins, taking pictures(lotsa 'em), and talking on the phone for almost 2.5hrs. In short, moderate use. I got this result. Follow the one posted above and you might have the same result.
View attachment 26489

I looked at this pic on my Lumia and kept wanting to hit the buttons and swipe.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
People complaining about Nokia Drive, goto settings and stop navigation, that will stop the app using the GPS and will kill the app once exited using back button.

andjography

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I looked at this pic on my Lumia and kept wanting to hit the buttons and swipe.

haha. You migh want to see these pictures below!

As promised, here's the result after draining the battery and charging up overnight. I have no intention of putting my phone back on its wireless charger tonight because I'm pretty sure that my phone will still be alive when I wake up tomorrow morning.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

So yeah, turning off the music hub did the trick for me, and of course, draining up the battery.

I did the usual, but I didn't talk to any of my friends for almost 2.5 hours. However, I'm connected to my phone's hotspot for more than an hour now. I don't know if that counts though.

Also, I've received some complaints from some of my friends that my phone keeps breaking off during phone calls, but I've figured that it wasn't because of the phone, but rather my network connection. For some reason, I only get about a bar in my signal(pretty much every spot in my house except my room) and I've figured that was causing the problem. Other than that, I'm pretty satisfied with my first Lumia phone. As I tell me friends, 'I'm not faithful because I've used other smartphones before, but I always be loyal to Nokia!' Having been used: 5110, 3210, 8210, 6600, 6220, N82, N97, and Nokia 97mini, I must say that Lumia 920 is Nokia's best smartphone to date! Y'all agree?hehe

Reylas

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I registered just to get on here and say that turning off the top two options under Xbox music settings stopped my rapid battery drain. I would loose up to 20% an hour for no reason and had to charge my phone constantly. After turning those settings off, and everything else still on, I loose 1% an hour at idle.

I waited a couple of days to make sure, and after charging one time, I have not charged in over 24 hours. I still have 24 hours of battery life left. That is including 2 hours of youtube streaming for the commute.

I know it may not be a solution for everyone, but after trying everything mentioned in every thread, this is the one that helped me. I wonder if you *do not* have an Xbox Music pass subscription, the phone does not handle that properly. A friend has the phone with a subscription and he never has had battery issues.

Thanks again

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Removed nokia music and turned off xbox music sync, i should say...uninstalling one of those has increased my battery life significantly on my L810

truealloyer

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Xbox music settings were the problem for me... Disabled the first two as suggested and now the battery life is awesome one full day on heavy use and more than that on light use. This is awesome forensic work u guys!!! ... my device --- LUMIA 920

Cjmurtaugh

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I was just coming in here to post and confirm this. My battery life is awesome until I use Nokia Music (usually through BT) and then it just tanks, like 10%/hour. What's odd is, going into Nokia Music and closing it using the back button seems to have no effect. Only a reboot will kill it and return battery life to normal. This means that I have to either stop using Nokia Music (which I like), or reboot my phone at least once a day (which I don't like).

Very frustrating. Anyone else know a better trick to kick the app out of memory?

There are apps on the store that "STOP THE MUSIC" and are named as such. They force shut any music you have open that will pop up when you hit the volume buttons. I'm not sure if this necessarily closes the app completely and will resolve the battery drain problem, but it may be worth a shot.

As a side note, I haven't had any problem with battery drain with Nokia Music... Until this morning, it drained my battery from 100% to 25% in two hours!!! I am not confident it was nokia music, but that was outrageous. I am going to do a soft reset and see if the problem is solved because that is unacceptable. Hope the stop the music apps help!

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
People complaining about Nokia Drive, goto settings and stop navigation, that will stop the app using the GPS and will kill the app once exited using back button.

Thanks for noting this, eventhough i have the background processes disabled for all the Nokia apps i never thought of disabling the syncing/updates embedded within the applications themselves. I've been having odd battery usage, so i went ahead and disabled everything. Got my fingers crossed this is what was eating battery in the background and has now been fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb