Nokia Drive - any alternative

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
How is it a disaster? If I would follow its directions I would have gotten killed like 100 times. It kept telling me make a right, make a left on a highway with mostly no turns. Highway, how can you turn?

arrowrand

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I've been using Nokia Drive alongside Google Navi for weeks. Even on my trips out to the sticks Drive has been very accurate.

Maybe give it more than one shake before you go buy something that will have its own faults from time to time.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 822 using Board Express Pro

loko ino

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I have been using the Nokia Drive exclusively since I got my phone, about a month ago. Never an issue and love it. Has been very accurate for me. I live in a pretty bg metro area though, that might help.

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to reset/re-calibrate GPS, Maps, or whatever else might not be working to get to conclusion what exactly is wrong with Nokia Drive apps and replace it with something else?

PhilR8

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
Slightly off-topic - but when is Nokia Drive+ Beta getting traffic info and My Commute?

Soon, I hope. I almost can't believe that Drive for WP8 is still without these features, since Drive 3.0 for WP7.5 has had them since mid-summer. Drive in general just has a long way to go before it can be seen as a true alternative to Google Navigation. I went on a week-long road trip recently and my wife's Android phone was consistently better than my 920 at everything map related. Kind of a shame but it is what it is.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
How is it a disaster? If I would follow its directions I would have gotten killed like 100 times. It kept telling me make a right, make a left on a highway with mostly no turns. Highway, how can you turn?
Do you mean it ask you to turn when there is no exit or you want to stay on highway but it ask you to get off?
If its the second case I dont see too much of a problem.
Anyways, Navigon and Gmap is probably better one out there.

jagz81

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Nokia Drive Beta is awesome. I've been using the Google Maps navigation ever since the Samsung Galaxy 1, but Nokia Drive's responsiveness and accuracy is just fantastic.
If they could add the features of seeing the directions list and spoken street names, I would say this is the best.
Anyhow, if you find any alternative, I bet you wouldn't be satisfied with that either.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
If they could add the features of seeing the directions list and spoken street names, I would say this is the best.
Anyhow, if you find any alternative, I bet you wouldn't be satisfied with that either.
You just need to download the voice (US Street names "male or female")

As for an alternative. You can find some Bing Maps from WP7, it is on every WP8 but it is hidden, the only thing it doesn't provide Turn-by-turn. Also gmaps pro is another offering that uses Google maps, it is 3rd party and works pretty good.

Lastly, the only real alternative is Navigon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3