Can't hear music from Market Place or cloud..anybody having this issue?

MSUDOG92

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Forgive me if this is something really easy to fix.
About a week or so ago I noticed that if I clicked on a song with my Nokia from Xbox Music marketplace I could SEE the music playing on the phone but I could not hear it. Then I noticed the same thing if I started playing my songs from cloud storage. At first I thought there must be some issue with cloud or microsoft. Then I noticed today it is still doing it and I have a co-worker with a 920 that is NOT having this problem. I can hear music stored on the phone, from Nokia streaming service, etc but I can't hear anything from the music marketplace or cloud even though you can see that it is playing (the time counter is moving).
Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
This generally happens after you've pulled out headphones while listening to a song. It wasn't the case with WP7 but it is a WP8 bug where pulling headphones mutes volume instead of only just stopping the current song that was playing like in WP7.

MSUDOG92

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I've done a soft reset and that did not fix it.
It is odd, I can hear everything except streaming from marketplace and cloud..I can stream anything else, nokia music, youtube, netflix, etc and have no issues

duffro

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I've had the same issue. Sound worked on everything else besides Xbox music. A couple of restarts and it went back to normal. Only happened once and hasn't come back after that

MSUDOG92

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I guess I should have replied here but I actually did a new thread..probably confusing to anybody looking at the new one..BUT what I discovered was the Nokia Music App (that I use a bunch) was causing this issue. I have a co-worker with a 920 and we were comparing our settings thinking maybe that was it. He noticed that about the only difference was I had teh Nokia Music app and he did not. So, I uninstalled it and then all the Xbox Music store, cloud, etc worked fine.
I'm not an IT or programmer guy but my co-worker is. His thought was there must be something in the Nokia app that tells other music apps (xbox music) to mute or get quite when the Nokia is in use and something hung up.
It was nice to know it was something simple as that rather than the phone was messed up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett