Not so good news

Jari P

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
... or just some investors who has sold short NOK shares - it might cause a huge lose just now, even it was very profitable earlier ...

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
These rumors have been flying around for quite a while. None of them have happened. I don't see a Nokiasoft in the near future. :grin:

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Nokia prediction: Sells smartphone business to Microsoft, Huawei | BGR Nokia prediction: Sells smartphone business to Microsoft, Huawei | BGR
Sent from my Blue AT&T 8x using Board Xpress

lets throw facts out there instead of predictions like this article does with no facts to back it up.

-nokia stock is outperforming apple at the moment Apple, Nokia stock analysis: Nokia outperforming Apple by 60% | BGR

-nokia's value is on the rise Is Nokia the Best Income Opportunity in the Tech Industry? - DailyFinance

-For the short-term, Finnish mobile phone pioneer Nokia (NYSE: NOK) may seem to be at a standstill in terms of stock price, as it stays near $4 per share in recent days, but that shouldn’t deter prospective investors or discourage current stockholders. Shares of Nokia have shot up over 150%, rebounding from a several-year low of $1.63 – definitely a good sign for traders. What the company is doing – and planning to do – for the upcoming Nokia RT tablet and the Lumia line of smartphones also bodes well for the company’s long-term future and its foothold in the consumer electronics market.

-noone knows the numbers yet, but the lumia line is worldwide, dominating in some markets over iphone and android. http://wmpoweruser.com/nokia-lumia-800-the-years-biggest-seller-on-finlands-biggest-carrier/

these are just a couple facts that i googled up that the author of that article couldnt be bothered to do. with all this recent news (all of it in december), nokia is on the upswing. they arent going anywhere regardless of what some biased blog authors hope for. one thing i do agree with is nokia doing more software. they have already begun doing it with the new lumia lines with their lumia exclusive apps. i think future lumia model releases will come with these apps plus others to further solidify the quality of their product.

nokiafan99

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I think it just one of those Nokia Haters. That guy probably hasn't seen any Lumia Phones especially the 920....

He is just predicting and he probably went off on this one. We should not pay attention to such articles. I think Nokia should come out saying that this is totally baseless. If ever, they wanted to sell the Mobility division, they wouldn't have came out with new Lumia phones.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
lets throw facts out there instead of predictions like this article does with no facts to back it up.

-nokia stock is outperforming apple at the moment Apple, Nokia stock analysis: Nokia outperforming Apple by 60% | BGR

-nokia's value is on the rise Is Nokia the Best Income Opportunity in the Tech Industry? - DailyFinance

-For the short-term, Finnish mobile phone pioneer Nokia (NYSE: NOK) may seem to be at a standstill in terms of stock price, as it stays near $4 per share in recent days, but that shouldn’t deter prospective investors or discourage current stockholders. Shares of Nokia have shot up over 150%, rebounding from a several-year low of $1.63 – definitely a good sign for traders. What the company is doing – and planning to do – for the upcoming Nokia RT tablet and the Lumia line of smartphones also bodes well for the company’s long-term future and its foothold in the consumer electronics market.

-noone knows the numbers yet, but the lumia line is worldwide, dominating in some markets over iphone and android. Nokia Lumia 800 the year’s biggest seller on Finlands biggest carrier | WMPoweruser

these are just a couple facts that i googled up that the author of that article couldnt be bothered to do. with all this recent news (all of it in december), nokia is on the upswing. they arent going anywhere regardless of what some biased blog authors hope for. one thing i do agree with is nokia doing more software. they have already begun doing it with the new lumia lines with their lumia exclusive apps. i think future lumia model releases will come with these apps plus others to further solidify the quality of their product.

I agree. The mistake folks are making is they tend to look at Nokia from a pretty narrow view - their future is hitched upon the sales of the 920/820 in Europe and North America. Not so. Nokia is hedging their bets with entry level handsets like the 610 or 505 in burgeoning markets in Asia and Africa. Smart move. Unlike Apple, they are not handcuffing themselves.

mdelacoma

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Not that I think or want Nokia to sell...But, in general terms it is best to sell when company valuation is high, not low. So the momentum Nokia has could be just as much a reason to sell as it is to not sell, as mentioned above.

LikeWaah

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Not that I think or want Nokia to sell...But, in general terms it is best to sell when company valuation is high, not low. So the momentum Nokia has could be just as much a reason to sell as it is to not sell, as mentioned above.

Right now, Nokia is priced just above bankruptcy valuations. Nokia's valuation right now, is hardly at its high point, especially if you look at Nokia was capable of in the past.

last year Apple had to decide what to do with the 100 BILLION dollars they had laying around in CASH. Yeah, Nokia didn't.

I think you misunderstood what Crystal_Planet was saying. Apple is 'handcuffing' themselves to one particular product line, the iPhone. If sales of the iPhone drop, Apple will lose a significant percentage of their revenue. However, if sales of Nokia's Lumia 920 and 820 were to drop, Nokia would still have the 610, 505, and Asha series phones to support revenue. Yes, the margins will not be as large, but profits are profits.

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
Right now, Nokia is priced just above bankruptcy valuations. Nokia's valuation right now, is hardly at its high point, especially if you look at Nokia was capable of in the past.

I think you misunderstood what Crystal_Planet was saying. Apple is 'handcuffing' themselves to one particular product line, the iPhone. If sales of the iPhone drop, Apple will lose a significant percentage of their revenue. However, if sales of Nokia's Lumia 920 and 820 were to drop, Nokia would still have the 610, 505, and Asha series phones to support revenue. Yes, the margins will not be as large, but profits are profits.
No, I understand. What I'm saying is that it is ridiculous to assert that somehow Nokia is making better decisions than Apple. Apple is a huge money maker, Nokia will soon be sold to the highest bidder.
Sent from my Blue AT&T 8x using Board Xpress

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb