Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

7 Posts
    Hi everyone

I received my 920 about a week and a half ago and didn't have any problems up until the 3rd day where I had to hard reset it. I read that hard resetting resets to factory settings, but it didn't to mine. After I did this it worked fine for a week then I had to hard reset again and again the next day (today). These hard resets are due to the phone not turning on when I press the power button. The only apps I have are the nokia ones and the games flow free and skeeball. I read that the nokia drive+beta app messes with the phone, but I haven't used it yet. I wonder if the problem could be the wireless charger because I've read that leaving it on the pad all night (which I do) can lock up the phone. Also I haven't used the wired charger yet. Two of the three times I had to reset it was when I picked up the phone from the pad and tried pressing the power button. Today I picked up the phone and it worked fine, but after a little while it locked up and I had to hard rest it again. After the third time, it's getting a little frustrating. I'm not sure what the problem is, any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited by AdmiralCrisp; 01-02-2013 at 12:18 PM.

24 Posts
    By any chance... when you put the phone on the charging pad, do you have any apps left open in the background? I recall reading on here that a few people reported their phone locking up, and I think a few of them said that they had apps running in the background, and when they closed out of everything and then charged, that they didn't experience a lockup of the device. Try closing out of everything before putting it on the charger, and see if that helps at all. I'm curious about that, haha.

7 Posts
    How can I tell if any of the apps are open?

7 Posts
    Ahh!!! I had to reset it again this morning. Wonder what the problem is?

7 Posts
    Had to again this morning, the thing is though, I do the hard reset (volume down+power+camera) and it doesn't reset my phone back to factory settings. It works fine all day. I closed the background apps before charging, but still locked up. I can't seem to find the source of the issue, please help.

37 Posts
    Sounds like you actually haven't done a hard reset. I for the longest time didnt know why the three button reset didnt work any differently than the 2 button soft reset. Well I missed a needed step. Follow these steps.

3 Button Hard reset:

To perform a hard reset press and hold the power-, volume-down- and camera buttons until the phone vibrates. Then release the power-button and keep the other two buttons pressed for another five seconds. The phone should reset to factory settings.

Factory Reset:

On the start screen, swipe left, and tap Settings > about > reset your phone. ( this is what I usually do)