Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 44
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Andi_N's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    33 Posts
       #1  
    It's already January (the market release month of Lumia 920 for the Philippines). I went to a Nokia store in Makati and though the presumed release for the L920/820 is January 13, they still have no idea of the exact market release date. Anyone of you went to other Nokia stores? Are there already live Lumia 920/820 test devices?
  2. Jari P's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    89 Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andi_N View Post
    It's already January (the market release month of Lumia 920 for the Philippines). I went to a Nokia store in Makati and though the presumed release for the L920/820 is January 13, they still have no idea of the exact market release date. Anyone of you went to other Nokia stores? Are there already live Lumia 920/820 test devices?
    No signs of Lumia WP8 in a mall of Asia and Robinson's mall, Metro Manila (a last visit was today - I am here for my christmas holiday until the end of this week) ...
  3. ImmortalStrong's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #3  
    It's annoying!!! Still no signs. You sure it's really Jan 13?
  4. ImmortalStrong's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andi_N View Post
    It's already January (the market release month of Lumia 920 for the Philippines). I went to a Nokia store in Makati and though the presumed release for the L920/820 is January 13, they still have no idea of the exact market release date. Anyone of you went to other Nokia stores? Are there already live Lumia 920/820 test devices?
    It's annoying!!! Still no signs. You sure it's really Jan 13?
  5. Andi_N's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    33 Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalStrong View Post
    It's annoying!!! Still no signs. You sure it's really Jan 13?
    I just read that over a local blog. Said he asked it from a Nokia store in SM North Edsa. I'll check back the Glorietta Nokia Store later and look if there's good news (hopefully!).
  6. ImmortalStrong's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andi_N View Post
    I just read that over a local blog. Said he asked it from a Nokia store in SM North Edsa. I'll check back the Glorietta Nokia Store later and look if there's good news (hopefully!).
    Yeah. I'll check in SM Megamall as well. I only saw the white Lumia 920 demo from Silicon Valley(Win 8 showcasing). No Lumia 920 last time I checked from Nokia store on the 2nd week of December.
    Thanked by:
    Andi_N 
  7. Reui's Avatar
    Developer

    Posts
    97 Posts
    #7  
    asked sm manila branch earlier. No sign of a live unit neither a dummy. They dont have any idea too when exactly but they were pretty sure that it would be this month with smirk on their face
    Thanked by:
    Andi_N 
  8. Andi_N's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    33 Posts
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalStrong View Post
    Yeah. I'll check in SM Megamall as well. I only saw the white Lumia 920 demo from Silicon Valley(Win 8 showcasing). No Lumia 920 last time I checked from Nokia store on the 2nd week of December.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reui View Post
    asked sm manila branch earlier. No sign of a live unit neither a dummy. They dont have any idea too when exactly but they were pretty sure that it would be this month with smirk on their face
    It better be this month! It's a different story with Nokia Glorietta by the way. They said the L920 and L820 will come in... prepare to be disappointed... Q1 2013. (which means it could take all the way up to March!)

    I'm really starting to wonder why Nokia's taking this long to deliver us these devices. The grey market is not an option for me (because of the warranty, of course)

    But I have a strong feeling that it'll be this month. :)) it's probably better to ask a Nokia PH representative online. I'll try doing that and I'll tell you what happens hehe.
  9. bobet888's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #9  
    i've seen one in Villman store, MOA, I asked the salesgirl if it was a 920 and she said "yes"
    Thanked by:
    Andi_N 
  10. Reui's Avatar
    Developer

    Posts
    97 Posts
    #10  
    Apparently, a bad news has come
    "Sales of the sought-after Lumia 920 and Lumia 820 in the Philippines are now expected to commence a little later than we had hoped. Our teams are currently working hard to ensure sufficient supply of both phones for a launch in the latter part of Q1 2013."
  11. hethler's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    25 Posts
    #11  
    Per earlier tweet of @NokiaPilipinas they revealed for a January 13th release date. Apparently, it's a type and they meant January 2013.
    Anime. TV Series. Music. Technology. Jack Bauer. Geek. Windows Phone. Windows 8. Microsoft Fanboy.
    Thanked by:
    Andi_N 
  12. ianwasheretoo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    21 Posts
    #12  
    Yup. FEB - MARCH pa. It's very disappointing.

    The late arrival and low stock is caused by their stupid strategy to raise demand by lowering their supply.

    I'm so disappointed... it's too long. LET'S JUST GET IPHONES :(
  13. cuzincurly's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    175 Posts
    #13  
    They should have made their marketing more aggressive then release the phone early specially during the Christmas season where everyone's still in spending mode
    ianwasheretoo and Andi_N like this.
  14. Reui's Avatar
    Developer

    Posts
    97 Posts
    #14  
    would anyone from you consider buying from the Grey Market? I can't really wait for February and I'm thinking of buying from those underground markets. Kimstore sells them for 29k with 3 days return and 1 year service warranty. I can consider HTC 8x too but I think its too shabby and lacking some awesome features.
  15. Andi_N's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    33 Posts
       #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobet888 View Post
    i've seen one in Villman store, MOA, I asked the salesgirl if it was a 920 and she said "yes"
    You've gotta be kidding me!!! What color is it though? But that might not be an official PH release, which means no Nokia PH warranty for it.
  16. Andi_N's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    33 Posts
       #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by ianwasheretoo View Post
    Yup. FEB - MARCH pa. It's very disappointing.

    The late arrival and low stock is caused by their stupid strategy to raise demand by lowering their supply.

    I'm so disappointed... it's too long. LET'S JUST GET IPHONES :(
    I don't think they'd be lowering their supplies, it'll hurt them if they did that. They might have not REALLY expected the higher demand for this phone because they might have expected the type of demand the past Lumia 900 has seen.

    It might be disheartening (because of all their excuses! Couldn't they just be honest that it'll come by a specific date?!)
    But really... I'd rather wait for this Lumia than buy an overrated phone. An officemate has an iPhone 5 and all I can say after using it was.... mehhh....

    There's the HTC 8X readily available if you really can't wait for this WP8 device. But hey, whatever floats your boat.
    Last edited by Andi_N; 01-08-2013 at 12:51 PM. Reason: suggested alternative WP8 option
  17. Andi_N's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    33 Posts
       #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Reui View Post
    would anyone from you consider buying from the Grey Market? I can't really wait for February and I'm thinking of buying from those underground markets. Kimstore sells them for 29k with 3 days return and 1 year service warranty. I can consider HTC 8x too but I think its too shabby and lacking some awesome features.
    Lol IT IS shabby for its price point! I know a friend that has bought an 8X instead of a Lumia 920 and he regretted it because the color on the back of the phone fades, thus revealing a black surface underneath.
    I've asked Kimstore but they only have white, I really don't like white because it'll just make my phone look like the S3 or iPhone. They might have the COOL GREY COLOR though, but I've already set my mind on the yellow one :D
    I really wouldn't count on the 3days return and service warranty of Kimstore. From what I read from blogs, though they have the reputation of being an excellent (and trustworthy) online gadgets store, they have bad service when it comes to repair. As much as I'm tempted to nag Kimstore to bring in a yellow one, I'd rather wait for an official PH release that I can bring to any Nokia Care center anytime.
    ianwasheretoo likes this.
  18. Andi_N's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    33 Posts
       #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by hethler View Post
    Per earlier tweet of @NokiaPilipinas they revealed for a January 13th release date. Apparently, it's a type and they meant January 2013.
    I really just hope that they'll actually deliver this JANUARY release though, even last week of January is good for me as long as it is still January hahaha. It could get disappointing if they'll just keep you holding on (paasa ba, badtrip) , Nokia PH might lose some buyers if they keep on doing that.
  19. Andi_N's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    33 Posts
       #19  
    OKAY GUYS it is confirmed that this is available in VillMan in MOA. Though this still falls in the grey market because it isn't officially released. But what the heck, the moment I see a yellow 920 there I'm buying it at once. I'm really getting impatient now that even the not-that-attractive white one is already looking good to me O_O.

    Villman's much cheaper than Kimstore btw. 27K vs Kim's 29K. Plus I think VillMan's much better because they have a physical store you can go to anytime if ever you got a defective unit.
  20. ianwasheretoo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    21 Posts
    #20  
    Haha. Yeah... suddenly the white color is appealing.

    But i don't like greymarket phones because of their warranty... i want it to be fixed in an official nokia care center :(

    CYAN IS MY COLOR
  21. ianwasheretoo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    21 Posts
    #21  
    What I really hate about the late arrival is that there will probably be a new lumia announced... or rumors on march.

    Snapdragon recently launched a new chip... there's a new Gorilla glass 3... and a rumored aluminum lumia production. March maybe the date when rumors of a new lumia will be produced running on windows phone 8.5, perhaps? By then, lumia 920 is just recently released in the philippines. Then no one will buy it because they would expect a better phone (Just like what happened to the low sales of the lumia 900 because of the lumia 920's announcement) FAIL CYCLE... CYCLE GOES ON AND ON AND ON until no one will buy a lumia anymore because there will be something better when it's fresh and recently released here. LOL IMO.
    ninjaap and Andi_N like this.
  22. ianwasheretoo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    21 Posts
    #22  
    i don't know yet. I have a crappy phone now and i just can't wait anymore...

    Well they knew that this phone will save their company.... they should've prepared. Their last chance... they failed it for me :(

    I don't want an HTC8x. I don't want my colors to fade away. I want a lumia 920... obviously the better one.
  23. ninjaap's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,454 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    #23  
    Man, that really sucks for you guys out there.
  24. Reui's Avatar
    Developer

    Posts
    97 Posts
    #24  
    i would be using the phone for debugging the app im working on. Really important because it is a thesis project. im infatuated by its features and looks. Anyone knows what kind of warranty does villman give?
  25. ImmortalStrong's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Reui View Post
    Apparently, a bad news has come
    "Sales of the sought-after Lumia 920 and Lumia 820 in the Philippines are now expected to commence a little later than we had hoped. Our teams are currently working hard to ensure sufficient supply of both phones for a launch in the latter part of Q1 2013."
    What!?!?!?! That's bull****!!!! I waited 3 months for this and skipped other phones... Zzzz
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. ATT Lumia 920 release 11/11
    By ever1ast15 in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-05-2012, 11:37 AM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-04-2012, 11:58 AM
  3. When is the launch release of the Nokia Lumia 920?
    By YossMan in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-11-2012, 10:05 AM
  4. Nokia Lumia 820 & 920 US Release
    By unstoppablekem in forum Upcoming & Rumored Devices
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-05-2012, 03:52 AM
  5. Lumia 920 release date
    By EricCantona in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-23-2012, 12:24 PM

Posting Permissions