Quick Review- Incipio NGP Case for the Lumia 920

vtective

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I received my NGP case from Incipio earlier this week. I've had a couple of days use, and I can say it is the best case I've purchased for the 920.

Initially I was disappointed in the case. When I received the case the thin bottom piece curved up, instead of in. To solve the issue, I took the case off of the phone, placed a towel over it and pressed down with a warm (not too hot) iron. This seems to have fixed the problem and it fits like a glove now.

Unlike other TPU soft cases, the NGP case fits very snug. There is little give, which can make it a pain to take it off but it feels more like a hard case once it is on, rather than a mushy silicone case. I also prefer it over hard shell cases because it protects the bottom and top of the phone. The headphone jack fits my Sol Republic Tracks HD headphones just fine. The case does negatively effect photos taken with a flash, causing a blur effect, but I rarely use flash so this was not an issue for me. Also, for those with a creaky Lumia, this will help alleviate that issue.

While I will definitely switch to the Nokia brand case when it arrives, this one works quite well.

The case is available at Incipio's website for $19.99 in black, translucent pink, and translucent mercury. The attached photos are translucent mercury. Nokia Lumia 920 NGP Impact Resistant Case

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the review. I had this same case from my iphone 3gs and I've been waiting for the 920 version. I just ordered mine in Black. If they made it in Cyan I would probably get that too!

vtective

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the review. I had this same case from my iphone 3gs and I've been waiting for the 920 version. I just ordered mine in Black. If they made it in Cyan I would probably get that too!

Awesome. Be sure to post pics. I'm tempted to purchase the black too when I get bored with this one.

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Just got my black case. Pretty much exactly what I expected. A couple of first impressions:

The case obviously makes the phone feel a little bigger, but it is actually easier to hold with one hand because the case is a litte more grippy and you can get some extra purchase on the cutout around the Carl-zeiss logo.

Buttons are actually easier to press with the case on, in fact it feels easier to press the camera button without getting movement.

All speakers, microphones, and jack inputs are easily accessible with the case in place.

The case sticks out about 1/2 mm beyond the screen, so if you lay the phone on a flat surface, only the case is touching. This should really help protect the screen.

The Lumia 920 is such a beautiful phone, that I am hesitant to put any case on it. I know that there are cases that offer more protection, but I find that this case is the perfect compromise because it preserves the overall aesthetic of the phone while offering almost fool-proof protection. The material of the NGP case is firm, but does offer shock protection (when I had this case on my iphone 3gs, there were several occassions where I jumped out of my truck with my phone sitting on my lap, watched the phone bounce across the parking lot, and then picked it up to find it unscathed).

I'll post some picture later. It's sort of tough to take pictures of your Lumia 920 when your best camera is your Lumia 920 ;)

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Here's some photos of the black case on my black Lumia 920. The case offers good protection while maintaining the aesthetic of the phone and not adding too much bulk. You can see that the headphone jack and noise-cancelling mic is fully exposed at the top of the phone. The micro USB port and speakers are exposed at the bottom. The only thing that keeps this case from being totally perfect is the fact that it doesn't quite cover all the way up to the edge of the screen on the top and the bottom. See last pic. So, not totally perfect, but 99% of the way there. I'm overall very happy with the case!
photo 2.jpgphoto 5.jpgphoto 4.jpg

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
After using this case for a few weeks, I must say that I am still very pleased. It makes the phone much more grippy and doesn't add too much bulk. I still can't comment on the impact resistance because I haven't dropped my phone since I put on the case.

phatboy66

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I work in a warehouse where there is alot of dust, do you think this case would be good?? I just bought a Amzer TPU hybrid case, didn't receive it yet but if this Incipio one can do the job I would definitely buy it also.

vtective

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I work in a warehouse where there is alot of dust, do you think this case would be good?? I just bought a Amzer TPU hybrid case, didn't receive it yet but if this Incipio one can do the job I would definitely buy it also.

I would probably go for the CC-1043. I own both, and the bigger around the screen lip of the NGP case and the fact that it does not cover the polycarbonate on the front completely leaves the oppurtunity for dust build up.

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
One of the things I like about the NGP case is that the buttons are covered by the case, so you don't have to worry about dust working it's way into the phone. But, you still could get dust in the headphone or USB port. I'm not sure if there is any case that will truly project your phone from dust beside the otterbox - which is way to bulky for me.

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I would probably go for the CC-1043. I own both, and the bigger around the screen lip of the NGP case and the fact that it does not cover the polycarbonate on the front completely leaves the oppurtunity for dust build up.
How does the material of the 1043 compare to the NGP? I really like the texture and shock absorption of the NGP, but I like the way that the 1043 perfectly wraps around the screen.

vtective

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
How does the material of the 1043 compare to the NGP? I really like the texture and shock absorption of the NGP, but I like the way that the 1043 perfectly wraps around the screen.

The material on the cc-1043 is slightly thinner than the NGP. Both cases feel a little soft until you put them on. The texture/feel is very similar though.

I also experience no camera flash issues with the cc-1043, though that could have been due to the translucent color of my NGP case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium