Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree22Likes

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fantom555 View Post
    I have the Nokia 920 in red and it's very nice I can't decide weather to keep it or not I have a love hate relationship with it now. I have the iPhone 5 and it's just so easy to use and simple and the apps are just simple. I bought the windows phone because of the office integration for email but other then that I am not sure now. I have been reading about the new bb10 and it may be a winner it remains to be seen. I am so confused on what I should do.

The reason I bought the windows phone is because I had a line on AT&T that I was not using and thought this phone would be great addition. Anyway just thought I would share a thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    my experience with a smartphone is.....if you are having seconds thoughts about it, you will continue to have those thoughts as long as you have it. if you have a chance to return it without penalty i would advise you to do it. dont spend your money on something your only 50% happy with. the issues you have with it wont go away.
    treble3 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tebugg View Post
    my experience with a smartphone is.....if you are having seconds thoughts about it, you will continue to have those thoughts as long as you have it. if you have a chance to return it without penalty i would advise you to do it. dont spend your money on something your only 50% happy with. the issues you have with it wont go away.
    By that logic, I should have returned my iPhone in the early years, when multitasking was non-existent and Skype ate the battery in 10 minutes when you 'quit' it. But I didn't, because the phone had many good features that outweighed my annoyances. And as the issues were addressed, I was pleased to enjoy the phone.

The 920 is the same to me. Yes, it has teething issues with poor battery management at the moment. MS will address these over time, just as Apple had done with issues on their phones. But the bigger picture is if there are things you do love, perhaps a stylish design, clear screen, great camera, xbox integration, Unread message list in email, etc. then it is likely you can see it out until they are addressed, or just put up with them.

No phone is perfect. But as implied, it is a personal decision that has to be made, based on what you do and don't like and whether it matters to you.

Global Posts
    2,158 Global Posts
    I say keep it until BB10 is launched, try it out, then decide. You would have knowledge on all 4 platforms...

Global Posts
    2,287 Global Posts
    BB10 looks great :D

Global Posts
    1,244 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdhooghe View Post
    BB10 looks great :D
    BB10 looks boring and ugly :D *fixed :P

Global Posts
    2,287 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irvin792 View Post
    lol
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,158 Global Posts
    lol you actually think BB10's more boring then WP8, that's funny.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by KingCrimson View Post
    If specs mean nothing why does Apple tout their latest Ax processor, retina display, super-light & thin IF it's just about the apps? The reason the iPhone is such a smash is the total package of industrial design, high-end processor, high resolution display and large app catalog.
    It's because they have a great marketing team. I saw a video before when the iPhone 5 wasn't released yet.I'm not sure what site did the test but they were asking people from the streets in the US to test the new iPhone 5 using the iPhone 4s. The people they interviewed were saying like oh its so light, screen is so much better etc. They were saying all the "new" features that Apple advertised not knowing at all what they had inhand was an iPhone 4s. I'll try to look for the vid.

Global Posts
    1,244 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobert_123 View Post
    I guess it just looks been there done that......static icons , grid format
    bawboh86 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slashd0t View Post
    As soon as I can get my hands on a Nexus 4, I'm moving too.. You're not alone here..
    LOL have you ever owned an LG phone before?

Get ready for a nightmare.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by travisel View Post
    I'm a Windows guy and I love my new Samsung ATIV S WP8 

I say to people all the time "stay in your own eco!" I have a Microsoft eco system Office PC, PC, Xbox360, WP8 and soon ATIV Smart PC, All work together very well.
    Now if you have a Mac, iPad, iPhone a full Apple eco system why add a Android or windows too the mix?
    Same with Goggle Android Phone & Tablet eco system, why add Apple & Windows to it?
    Why can't people pick a friendly eco system and stay in it and be happy? Why have a mix non-eco friendly system and be mad about it?
    It's all about the friendly eco system! 
    Hmm... I'm literally typing this on a MacBook Air right now, which is on a desk with my Windows 7 desktop PC beneath it, and on top of the desk I have my Windows Phone charging next to my Nexus 7 Android tablet.

And you know what? I couldn't be happier. You can have your ecosystem. I prefer biodiversity. I buy whichever product I think is best for me in any given category and it's just not going to be from the same platform every time necessarily.

I prefer Mac OS X to Windows a bit, and I love the MacBook Air hardware.... but I also like Windows 7 and prefer to be able to build my own desktop PC. I like Apple, but I don't like iOS, so I use a Windows Phone, which I do like. I don't like Android on a phone, but it works great as a tablet and since Windows RT is just getting started and has hardly any apps yet and no small tablets AND I don't like iOS, a Nexus 7 Android tablet was the natural choice for me.

And all my devices play nice together. They all have a SkyDrive app. They all have Microsoft Office (or an equivalent in the case of the Nexus 7) and everything's cool.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Have you actually seen BB10?

Global Posts
    2,158 Global Posts
    I guess it just looks been there done that......static icons , grid format

I can't imagine what you think of ios lol. I think you need to watch a few vids on BB10, it's in no way boring. WP8 is nothing compared to what's going on with BB10, we have active frames (better then your live tiles) as well as normal icons , hub, a better browser, BBM, and a whole bunch of interesting features. I'm not saying WP8 is boring either, but you can't compare it to BB10.

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by realwarder View Post
    By that logic, I should have returned my iPhone in the early years, when multitasking was non-existent and Skype ate the battery in 10 minutes when you 'quit' it. But I didn't, because the phone had many good features that outweighed my annoyances. And as the issues were addressed, I was pleased to enjoy the phone.

The 920 is the same to me. Yes, it has teething issues with poor battery management at the moment. MS will address these over time, just as Apple had done with issues on their phones. But the bigger picture is if there are things you do love, perhaps a stylish design, clear screen, great camera, xbox integration, Unread message list in email, etc. then it is likely you can see it out until they are addressed, or just put up with them.

No phone is perfect. But as implied, it is a personal decision that has to be made, based on what you do and don't like and whether it matters to you.
    i dont think you're very good at understanding logic. i said if you're not happy with it then get something that you are happy with. dont force yourself to use something that you clearly keep having second thoughts about. that is a personal decision that has to be made. oh wait, your last sentence said the same thing that my logic was saying. that's crazy right?
    StevesBalls likes this.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    How is that funny?

Global Posts
    2,158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aced411 View Post
    How is that funny?
    Because it's so far from the truth that it's laughable.

Global Posts
    793 Global Posts
    I've seen quite a few videos of BB10, as well has my girlfriend, and we both think that it's neat that they added a screen of active tiles (almost widgets, but more multitasky, almost) and an extra way to check your messages, but it's still more of an iOS with an extra screen and more gestures. I almost prefer Android's widgets and the extra messaging screen is unneeded, but then again, it's all about choice. I personally don't prefer it, but other people will like it just fine, so who am I to judge?

Global Posts
    1,244 Global Posts
    what makes your opinion any less "laughable" I just happen to like the modern art look of the metro theme. To each their own :)

Blackberry has always been and most likely will always be "business" looking. I'm not a suit and tie man. ;)

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I think the wp8 UI is its strongest aspect and is what attracted me to it. What you consider "truth" is just an opinion like mine
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,244 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aced411 View Post
    I think the wp8 UI is its strongest aspect and is what attracted me to it. What you consider "truth" is just an opinion like mine
    word :)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12