Unlock phone got locked

YMCA22

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

First of all it's my first post here, so NICE to meet u all! :)

I bought my Lumia from Thailand last month and I live in Israel.
Everything work just fine until I did a factory rest and then I got bricked.
By this wonderful post my phone back to life, but now it won't recognize my SIM card.

In the NaviFirm I didn't exactly know which Firmware release to download, so I download and flash what make more sense to me.
(to be specific I downloaded (Rem -821) 1232.2109.1242.1000 "Global black swap" (059Q5C56). I choose it because the "Global")

My question is why my phone don't recognize my Sim? it's because a wrong firmware?
If it is, so what is the good firmware to me?

Note: during the all process my SIM card wasn't in the phone.

Looking foreword for an answer,
Thank you :)

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
welcome!

i wish i can help you out but i dont have any personal experience with unlocking/locking this phone yet.

but i'm sure its the fact that you reset the phone. same thing happened to me with my iphone. i unlocked/jailbroke the phone. did a factory reset and it went back to "normal". i had to redo the unlocking/jailbreak procedure.

good luck, this is a great phone.

LevSer

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
You can check which firmware you have on your phone using Nokia Care Suite, but now that you already have updated you will find the new (non original) firmware, so this solution is already too late.

I believe the only solution left is for you to tell us where you got your device, i.e. country (Thailand as I understand), provider and store, and then hopefully there is some kind soul around here with a similiar phone who can check it for you.

Kaiser Bhulsuk

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi I am from Thailand, I suggest you to flash your phone again and choosing Thai Rom which is unlock as the name "RM-821 VAR APAC TH CV BLACK" you can select other Rom under your phone color and it should work, I have got same problem when I flash my rom as I bought it from HK when I flash I also use Thai rom and it does not work so I have to flash again by using HK Rom.

Hope this help

YMCA22

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Thank you all for your comments!

I'm glad to tell that my problem is solved!
When I wake up this morning I found a lovely surprise, the phone found an update. I update as it says and the problem solved! :)

It's kind'a weird because the first thing that I did when I notice that my SIM card don't recognize, was to search for an update, which I know that will solve my problem, but there wasn't.

A happy ending :)
Again, thank you all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire