Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I tried plugging in my micro usb cord into the bottom of my Lumia 920 and placed it on the charging plate simultaneously. My impression was that the phone charged much faster than usual. First of all... is that possible, or just a product of my imagination? Second, is it safe for the battery?

Thanks!
    I am no expert but this is what I think, I think it is possible for it to 'dual' charge as there are too inputs of power connected to the battery. Is this safe? probably not. Batteries are meant to be charged at a certain rate, exceed that rate and you can end up with problems regarding too much heat, or battery bulges. Each can result in battery failure and/or a fire. I have experience with LiPo batteries and they are a fickle beast when it comes to charging, in general I treat all batteries like they are just as fickle.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    Its likely not possible, but also unlikely to be dangerous for your phone. Likeliest scenario is that phone will decide to charge using one method only (likely wired), but it may also be confused and not charge at all due to switching between sources.
    Thanked by: