Spongey Shutter button...

ClixT

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
So my first cyan 920 was having tons of issues that most people are having (FFC dust, etc) so my local MS store replaced it with another cyan.
This time, everything works great except for one thing--shutter button is really spongey..

Anyone having the same issues? I added a poll to see who else is having the same problems..

ClixT

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I think I know what you mean...Is it flushed with the actual phone and feels like the spring gives a lot?

It's not flushed with the phone. My last 920, when you press the shutter key halfway, it "clicks" (like the lock button), then clicks again when fully pressed.
On my replacement, when you press it halfway, it doesn't "click". Only when fully pressed.

jdhooghe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Ah, ok. My power button, like MDak280's, is flushed to the phone. Almost like the spring gives too much but it doesn't bother me.

Yev91

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
None of the buttons should be flush unless they are pressed... Check the bezel to see if its flush with the screen. On my old L920 it was not flush/tight, which gave the buttons extra room to move in. It also felt cheaper.
The 'gap' between the screen and the bezel was about the thickness of my nail... If you have the right screw driver to 'rescrew' the phone's casing and align it yourself you can fix it at home...

ClixT

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
None of the buttons should be flush unless they are pressed... Check the bezel to see if its flush with the screen. On my old L920 it was not flush/tight, which gave the buttons extra room to move in. It also felt cheaper.
The 'gap' between the screen and the bezel was about the thickness of my nail... If you have the right screw driver to 'rescrew' the phone's casing and align it yourself you can fix it at home...

I was actually thinking of opening my Lumia 920 for I have a set of Torx. I'll just do it when the shutter button gets worse.
But the guys with flushed lock button, i think you guys should open it..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre