Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1.    #1  
    I used my Lumia 920 for maximum 10-20 minutes of browsing and then listened to the music for 40 minutes after 100% of the charge. Now my phone is showing 48% of remaining battery. What should I do? Already did the hard-reset (took me five hours!!!!)

Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    How long have you had your Lumia?
    Have you performed a full battery charge + full discharge?
    Do you close apps after using them or leave them active?
    Have you turned off background tasks / apps in your settings, and adjusted brightness levels?
    Bluetooth and NFC off when not in use?
    + other obvious things?

A few things to consider. On top of that, it took a good 3-4 days until my lumia battery went from absolute garbage to being able to last a day and a half with moderate-vigorous usage. Think of it like a calibration process.

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Yikes. Definitely not normal. That amount of activity will usually drain mine about 15%, not a whopping 52%

Follow Dyzen's steps, they help a lot.

a few days normal discharge and recharge will do the job, after a week mine can last 10 hrs, with about triple of your usage.
  5.    #5  
    Have it since 4 weeks now (third replacement). And I have only two app in background: Weave and Weather Flow all other background apps are blocked. And I do exit from app (keep tapping back button till no app appears). Bluetooth is off, NFC on.

Haven't done the full charge and discharge yet. Just did the hard reset though (as mentioned earlier, it took my phone almost five hours in this process).

Let me try to fully charge it and discharge it using battery discharged app.

Thanks !

Global Posts
    2,179 Global Posts
    I saw NFC took a lot out of my battery
    HTC Droid Incredible(2 replacements) --> Nokia Lumia 900(Briefly)/Apple iPhone 4s --> Nokia Lumia 920(3 replacements) --> BlackBerry Z10(2 replacements) --> HTC One(3 replacements) --> Samsung Galaxy S4(Briefly) --> iPhone 5 --> iPhone 6+

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I normally use my Lumia with emails, phone calls, social network with 3G, Location on and my battery went down to about 50% after the whole day using (approx 10 hours) I didn't do anything but turn of unused app background task and I believe that the longer you use your phone the more batterry life increase.
  8.    #8  
    So last night, I did as per Dzyen advice, and then in the morning took my phone out from charger (after 100%) charged at 6am, with a very minimal usage till 1pm (usage was 5-10 minutes of browsing, 5 text messages, 2 call ranging from 10-15 minutes) and my battery was at 75%. Now when I start using Flickr I feel the phone is getting bit hotter around camera (top edge). Do you guys had that kind of experience? Or I should keep running my phone as usual for next couple of weeks and see if it get its battery get calibrated? Or I should ask Nokia to replace it? Mind you this is my third-replacement.

Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    It's normal for your phone to get somewhat warm when you're running apps that use the power of your processor a little harder. It's sort of like a PC (which has a fan to combat this issue). You'll experience the same thing when playing HD games, being on Skype for a long time, etc. However, if the hotness is more than a semi warm feeling, you may have a problem and getting a replacement won't hurt.

As for your 100%>75% over 5 hours of minimal usage, it may be normal depending on your data services. Apps which constantly use data and don't have settings to make them WiFi only (some weather apps for example) will continue draining your battery as they keep sending and receiving packets of data. If you have a lot of these, like Facebook/Twitter/Weather (etc) then yeah, I can see why your battery is draining quickly. If there are refresh settings in the settings portion of these apps, change them to longer time periods (refresh every 1/2/3/4/5 hours, refresh manually, etc) and see if that makes a difference.

Personally, 100%>75% with the usage you posted is quite terrible for my own liking, and if you are sure NOTHING is running in the background like I mentioned above, then you may just have a faulty battery. Obviously, you can only come to that conclusion after you're somewhat sure the battery has been calibrated at least once and you are charging it regularly/using the phone regularly.

Global Posts
    996 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudassir Azeemi View Post
    So last night, I did as per Dzyen advice, and then in the morning took my phone out from charger (after 100%) charged at 6am, with a very minimal usage till 1pm (usage was 5-10 minutes of browsing, 5 text messages, 2 call ranging from 10-15 minutes) and my battery was at 75%. Now when I start using Flickr I feel the phone is getting bit hotter around camera (top edge). Do you guys had that kind of experience? Or I should keep running my phone as usual for next couple of weeks and see if it get its battery get calibrated? Or I should ask Nokia to replace it? Mind you this is my third-replacement.
    Were your other two replaced for the same reason? Or did either experience this same battery issue? Were you streaming the music? Honestly, mine does the same as yours, but I do feel there is something wrong. IE usage kills my battery and heats it up. I am actually getting an exchange today because to the entire top part of the of the phone clicks and has give.

Global Posts
    1,330 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudassir Azeemi View Post
    There is also a LOT that goes into your cellphone reception. I can sit for 8 hours at home without touching my phone (sleeping) and lose maybe 5%. I go to work in the morning, never take the phone out of my pocket and lose 20% in 4 hours. The reason is that I get TERRIBLE reception at work, always have...the phone is constantly trying to find data and just burning through battery. If I connect the phone to WiFi, the battery life instantly changes. I have gotten SUCH better battery life since the update since I have just keep the WiFi active.

Not uncommon at all for us 920 owners to have a hot top phone. It is just the area it always happens. I would not return until you've give the battery a good 4-5 cycles, all the way till it's dead, start back up, and die again...and then charge it to full.
  12.    #12  
    Sounds good. I will let it die before plugging in.

Thanks for the tips guys.

Because of 920, I am now very much social on my LinkedIn Account. And I don't need to open three different app to share a link on three different social network. A big plus ;)