01-03-2013, 03:45 AM #1
- 274 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
I have a EE UK Lumia 920 that is now unlocked. I am no longer in the UK and I was wondering if the phone could be debranded using an unbranded firmware. I have flashed the APAC HK ROM (059Q85), however when I connect my phone, the Nokia Care Suite still shows my product code as 059RW1 which belongs to the EE firmware. Also now with Navifirm shutting soon, is it better for me to stick to my original firmware, just in case I don't receive OTA in the future. Any ideas?
- 04-04-2013, 06:58 PM #4
Debranding your phone on WP7 used to be for getting OS updates quicker because you didn't rely on your carrier eventually updating your device. In WP8 however, all OS updates come OTA (over the air) much quicker than on WP7. We get minor updates from MS or manufacturer firmware directly and major updates still get approved through carriers but SO much quicker you will get basically no advantage from debranding as far as I know because there are no custom roms or whatever that debranding also gave WP 7 handsets access to.
I'm not sure that flashing different roms through Care Suite will really change a lot. It could affect your radio version I guess. Far as I'm aware, the 920 supports international radio frequencies so it might be marginal at best. Maybe someone else can be more specific.
- 04-05-2013, 05:42 PM #5
- By treble3 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 2Last Post: 12-24-2012, 06:35 AM
- By Griffinx in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 1Last Post: 12-23-2012, 07:08 AM
- By ToasterZapper in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 1Last Post: 12-12-2012, 09:24 AM
- By Nickkk101 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 23Last Post: 11-29-2012, 03:12 AM
- By Andy_McG84 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 5Last Post: 11-15-2012, 11:17 AM