Warranties: AT&T vs. Nokia

wafflesxo

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I bought my 920 (black) on the 24th of December. I absolutely adore the phone, but it has a flaw that is an absolute deal breaker for me: If I plug my phone into my car stereo or my home stereo using an aux cable, I often times have little to no sound coming out of one of the channels (front right). It works if I wiggle the plug in the phone and hold it in place, but standing there holding a cable in place is not an option, especially while driving. Not only that, but the phone will kick out into speech recognition mode randomly. My old, dearly departed (relegated to backup mp3 player) HD7 had the exact same speech recognition problem after months and months of hard use and lots of crap getting into the headphone jack, but that is obviously not the case with my barely week-old 920. I've used several different cables with it, along with several different stereos. No difference.

I contacted Nokia through e-mail, explaining the situation and asking if I should go to them or AT&T for warranty. They completely ignored everything I said, went on to blame my cable, followed by my car stereo, followed by my car stereo and my home stereo, followed by the Windows Phone 8 operating system (after I explained to them that my Zune HD, iPhone 4 and HD7 all function normally), and eventually settled back on my car stereo. Never answered my question about warranties. I responded with "if part of Nokia Lumia 920 Windows Phone 8 functionality is to remove the front right channel from audio playback, I think I'll just be returning the phone." I promptly received another e-mail:

"We acknowledged your feedback towards the compatibility of your device to your car stereo. We apologize for any inconveniences that this has caused you. We value all constructive feedback we receive from our valued customers such as yourself as this gives us gain ful insights in developing our products and services. Rest assured that this will be forwarded to our research department for consideration.
Your kind understanding is very much appreciated."

What do you guys think my next step should be? Should I call Nokia? Is their phone support any better? or should I call AT&T? I'm not too enthusiastic about all of this, and that Nokia e-mail was a bit of a kick in the teeth.

DaytonaGTS

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
If Radio Shack won't do an exchange call AT&T warrenty and they should be able to replace it for you asap if it is white or black, since that is all they have in stock. I just spoke to AT&T warrenty over the phone last night. They went out of their way to try and help me, but since my phone was a back ordered color and thats what I wanted I will need to send it into Nokia for repair.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz