Interesting, removed my Google account and battery life is more stable.

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
So in light of the EAS/IMAP debacle occurring between the giants, I decided to finish my transition to outlook.com. Gmail is now a folder and all replies (very few as most of my gmail accounts are all spam now) will come from outlook, but I do get some non-spam newsletters that I still view but don't dare move to the newly uncluttered inbox. So I now have only "two" email accounts on my phone thanks to the folders that are pinned from inside the outlook inbox. Contacts moved. Calendar is next.

The interesting thing that I never really put much thought towards is that on my Surface, Gmail in the mail app would occasionally fully reload/refresh when I switched into that inbox. Are these two, battery life and gmail WinRT freakouts, just coincidence? I don't know, but I am curious if anyone else has transitioned and noticed an improvement...

awesomeindeed

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Strangely enough, I just did this as well after switching completely to Outlook.com and after removing my google account, my battery life is back to being rock solid.

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Outlook.com, Poeple menu, has an account sync feature that pulled over contacts that weren't already living in Outlook. You can also export contacts to cards and import that way. There are plenty of tools and filters you can use at Outlook to manage contacts. Much better ever since it got ModernUIzed. Now they just need to finish out the calendar interface as it is still hotmail flavor for me.

generalsu

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Outlook.com, Poeple menu, has an account sync feature that pulled over contacts that weren't already living in Outlook. You can also export contacts to cards and import that way. There are plenty of tools and filters you can use at Outlook to manage contacts. Much better ever since it got ModernUIzed. Now they just need to finish out the calendar interface as it is still hotmail flavor for me.

Well you can't upload or update your contact photos.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99