Nokia 920 replaced phone from ATT

steve kaufmann

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I just received a replacement Nokia 920 phone from ATT (assurance) and it seems fine. The one thing i found that the old phone had was in the app section of phone. The apps on my old phone had highlighted alpha a to z when searching apps i have on my phone, the replacemnet phone does show the a to z, is this normal or is there a setting for this?

Thanks
Steve

steve kaufmann

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I just downloaded about 10 apps and still nothing, its now a big deal but just curoius why my original phone had and this one doesn't. Appreciate it!!

Kooosh

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what the threshold is, but I know the A-Z popup tile thing does not spring up until you have enough apps. Adding 10 sounds like enough. Maybe restart/soft reset your phone. I'm certain the feature will return to your phone eventually.

steve kaufmann

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I really hate to be a pain, but you seem to know what your talking about. Just a few things, did a soft reset, that didn't work. Also, when you go into battery saver in settings, my first phone says in battery info the following: remaining battery life estimated time remaining and time since last charge, the new or replacement only says remaining battery life. Again, not a big deal just wondering why it is doing this. Thanks Again

Kooosh

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Soft reset: hold down the power and volume down buttons (at the same time) until it vibrates then release, it will then restart. See if that helps these issues, if not I'll be happy to help you some more.

steve kaufmann

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I really hate to be a pain, but you seem to know what your talking about. Just a few things, did a soft reset, that didn't work. Also, when you go into battery saver in settings, my first phone says in battery info the following: remaining battery life estimated time remaining and time since last charge, the new or replacement only says remaining battery life. Again, not a big deal just wondering why it is doing this. Its not a big deal, just wondering why the old and new phone are different with the battery saver and app index.Thanks Again

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Install about 20 apps, nothing wrong with the phone, you just have to hit a certain number of apps for the indexing to appear. I do not remember the exact number it kicks in at. The battery saver I'm not sure as mine has both like your old one.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I believe the threshold is 43 apps (including pre-loaded apps such as People, Settings, et al). Then it will appear automatically. Regarding the battery saver, it sounds to me as though you have yet to charge the phone. Try quickly putting it on charge then taking it off charge then checking the battery saver to see if that time since last charge appears.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I believe the threshold is 43 apps (including pre-loaded apps such as People, Settings, et al). Then it will appear automatically. Regarding the battery saver, it sounds to me as though you have yet to charge the phone. Try quickly putting it on charge then taking it off charge then checking the battery saver to see if that time since last charge appears.

that's what I was gonna suggest re: battery saver. :)

Kooosh

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Wow the trivial little things that constitute a "problem" with the 920s... I swear to god the very nature of this phone is that it attracts people seeking perfection, and they are the most difficult to satisfy and the easiest to nit pick any little problem with something.

What an odd thing to say in a forum such as this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99