Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By xenoglyph

So I saw some people recommending a wipe to fix battery drain. Thought it sounded stupid so I ignored them. Noticed the Chinese 920 firmware on NaviFirm, completely different phone model, I thought hey, let's try something stupid and see what happens if I try to flash it

Whaddya know, it flashes about 1% of the ROM and fails because it doesn't like the bootloader. Now phone is effectively bricked, stuck in (red screen) flash mode. So to cut this short I went back and flashed a fresh copy of Portico to fix it. Lo and behold, the phantom battery drain is gone, even with my same apps (not much), and same settings. I like my phone again.

I don't know if a factory reset will have the same effect, all I can say is my phone is back to it's old self after flashing the Portico ROM via Product Support.
    tebugg likes this.

Global Posts
    2,202 Global Posts
    How much was it draining?
    HTC Droid Incredible(2 replacements) --> Nokia Lumia 900(Briefly)/Apple iPhone 4s --> Nokia Lumia 920(3 replacements) --> BlackBerry Z10(2 replacements) --> HTC One(3 replacements) --> Samsung Galaxy S4(Briefly) --> iPhone 5 --> iPhone 6+

It was draining 50-75% overnight (6-8 hours), at idle. No email checks, no wifi, etc.