Wrong MDN number in SETTINGS>ABOUT>MORE INFORMATION

phander

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
First time poster and completely new to WP8 (I'm a convert from Android).

I bought my L920 and used it for a few days with a temporary SIM while a new one was sent and my number was transferred. Now in SETTINGS>ABOUT>MORE INFORMATION, the MDN Number of the phone shows the old number. It might make no difference to anything but I suspect it's also easy to change.

Any pointers anyone? Have searched but little joy.

PS Just checked in phone dialler and settings and this also shows the old number...

Last edited:

phander

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to bump this but it may help someone somewhere at some point. In my attempts to resolve I resorted to a hard reset. But STILL the phone shows the wrong number. I've changed it at Windows Phone site - am I waiting for it to push through?

The reason for pursuing this is that I now cannot install any apps via push. It fails each time. This is now worse as after hard reset I'm gonna have to do the reinstall of everything manually...

Omega Point

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I think it pulls the number from the SIM itself so it might be that number is wrong, it doesn't always get updated by the network when they port a new number to a SIM.

Have you tried going into the 'find my phone' settings and enabling push for apps, it is off by default, as it shouldn't need the phone number to work properly. You might need to reboot you phone to get it working.

phander

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Many thanks for replying. Not sure where it gets the number from but yes, push is enabled.

Looks like my problem loading apps, however, is possibly connected to the fact that the WP Store is down! Seems that way for everyone ...

Will update if I get anywhere. Thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb