Nokia Lumia 920 White Color Question

ziggygod

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I bought a black Lumia 900 when it first came out last April and due to my big dog knocking me over I dropped the phone in water and it no longer works at 100%.

Any who since I bought the phone at launch I am obviously not eligible for an upgrade, so I found via craigslist a guy selling a white 920 unopened still in box. I have contacted on purchasing it but I want to know from you guys what you think of the white color.

Is the white too much? Does it leave lots fingerprints? Do you like the color? I have never been much of a white anything man but for the price im willing to make the exception considering I need a new phone bad. I am still iffy if I should hold out for a cyan on black. I really wanted a red one but the red doesnt look red red in the photos ive seen. It looks more orange which makes me sad. :(

So what are your thoughts on the white Lumia 920?

nackson baba

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Trust me.. The Red is VERY RED.. and looks good too. If you like Red

If you get the white, I think there are some pretty thin cases you can get to cover it up is you get tired of it. Yes it will require a little more wiping down because it is white, but nothing you cant solve with a case.

SergeMcG

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
For a while I thought I would get a white one. After thinking and thinking, I went to a shop and looked at it. It is just personal taste but I felt the black one to be more professional looking. Moreover, I don't want it to be too visible. Black goes better as I don't dress white all the times.. ;-)
White looks cool (and more unique) to me, just black fits better for all uses. A bit like with a dress, if it is too original it is not to be put everyday, easy to get bored of.. Again, this is only my personal taste, you and others might have a completely different perception of what the white model means for them.
I wish Nokia had more darker colors. May be I show my age, but I would have loved a dark orange or dark red one. rather than "shocking" red, white and cyan. I bet manufacturing costs increase dramatically with the number of colors.
One point in favor of the white model for me is that you can apply a case of any color you like in case you get bore of it. Well, I can do the same with mine. Just make sure you apply a thin (silicone) soft case as Lumia 920 is already a bit big in size. No fingerprints.. Its poly-carbonate body is strong enough and there are no substantial moving part, so don't worry too much.

On the white model I tried in the shop, I didn't notice the fingerprints . I hope this helps but it is down to your personal taste.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Trust me.. The Red is VERY RED.. and looks good too. If you like Red

If you get the white, I think there are some pretty thin cases you can get to cover it up is you get tired of it. Yes it will require a little more wiping down because it is white, but nothing you cant solve with a case.

looked orange/red to me in the Microsoft store

Stormtrooper white for me :)

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I have since went from a white 900 to a yellow 920, but I can say that I personally still find the white as a very nice color choice. The reasons I didn't go for white again were that no one would notice the upgrade and that the yellow is pretty nice as well.

Just like a car, the white color "hides" imperfections better than a dark color would (dirt, etc.), so you never could really notice fingerprints on the white unless you were looking for them. The white is obviously a brighter color, but it's still a very clean look and the extreme contrast between the black screen and white body - with nothing in between - makes for a very cool look.

At the end, though, do it once and do it right. If you don't think you'll be happy with the white, hold out just that little bit longer for the color you really want.

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Own a white Lumia 920, and I don't notice finger prints or scratches unless I REALLY REALLY try to look for them. So if you're one of those people who is constantly checking to see if his phone is fine, then you will get annoyed. In fact, you will get annoyed like that with any of the glossed finishes. White being the least worst out of them.

With that being said, I previously owned a black phone and at that time contemplating a white phone. Now that I've had 2 years with black, I figure I should change it up. I think white can come off as professional if you have the confidence/attire to pull it off. At the same time, it's sleek and "clean" to say the least.

Can't go wrong with white. It will fit with your clothes, car, furniture easier than other colors minus Black. Don't forget that it being a neutral color, you can have various color schemes on your home screen. For example, a Cyan Lumia wouldn't look good with Orange Live Tiles.

9204life

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I have the white 920 with a black slim case it looks fantastic. I've seen all the colors in person, and I like white the best with yellow a close second ( due mostly to it not being available lol).

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I wanted a yellow one buy with all the shipping delays I ended up with white. I am glad to have it looks very professional. Did you know that the white is harder to make than the other colors? They have to go through special processes to keep the color white without blemishes.

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I wanted the yellow, but seeing as how EVERYWHERE is sold out (and have been for a while, and looking to be a while longer) I got impatient and bought the white one. It's pretty slick, and I haven't noticed any smudges or weird dirt or anything after a week and a half of heavy HEAVY use. I can't seem to put it down. Everything is so fresh and new coming from a long time Android user (was using Andy when the OG Droid came out, and just switched last week). In short: white is just fine. Feel free to think differently, as it's all personal choice.

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I originally wanted a White one, but then I thought, why go with white or black when Nokia is giving me the option of red or yellow? Of course, it is personal preference. I like to be noticed, so that's why I ruled out black and white. Cyan is too light for me, but I would have definitely chosen a darker shade of blue since blue is my favorite color. I ended up with a red one because of stock issues (wanted yellow), and I couldn't be happier.

The red Lumia 920 is RED. I guess some cameras just have trouble capturing its true color, but I assure you, it's red. I would compare it to the color of fresh blood, or lipstick. It's a bright red but not too bright, and it really looks great. If you want something that looks great and is different, red would be a fine choice. But I don't think you'll regret getting white. White looks great, it's professional, and at the same time it's unique imo. If the price that guy is offering the phone for on craigslist is good, I would take it while you have the chance! Unless you really want to go with something different, white is a nice choice.

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Be bold! There was a reason why Nokia introduced the striking red and yellow.

Also, black looks nicer with all the themes, and especially nice when you turn on High Contrast (Black on white or white on black).

But since you need a phone urgently, no harm getting white, is there?

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I like the contrast of the black screen and the white border around it and the fact that you can use any tile colour. It really has grown on me a lot.

I think the white does very good at hiding scratches and fingerprints. I honestly can't tell that there are fingerprints on it at all unless I try to look for them in direct light. The same goes for scratches. The white looks good pretty much all the time, even when covered in fingerprints because you can barely see them. One wipe on your shirt and the fingerprints are gone on the glossy surface anyway.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I like the contrast of the black screen and the white border around it and the fact that you can use any tile colour. It really has grown on me a lot.

I think the white does very good at hiding scratches and fingerprints. I honestly can't tell that there are fingerprints on it at all unless I try to look for them in direct light. The same goes for scratches. The white looks good pretty much all the time, even when covered in fingerprints because you can barely see them. One wipe on your shirt and the fingerprints are gone on the glossy surface anyway.

I concur!

deuxani

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I really don't understand why people think glossy white shows more fingerprints than other colors. It's the other way around actually :) Fingerprints are almost invisible on white. The only fingerprints I see are on my shiny BLACK screen :) Put your phone in your pocket and when you take it out, all fingerprints are gone. In my experience a darker color shows more fingerprints than a ligther color.

I chose the white one because I like how the screen goes over into the black screen-bezel and then the screen-bezel disappears in the white body. I also think the phone looks smaller in white, because if it's all black you will notice more how much bezel the 920 actually has. I have my 920 lying on a white table and it looks much smaller than it really is.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a white one and I love it.

I was originally intending to get cyan again, like my 900, but once I picked up a black one and saw how slippery the matte finish was, I knew I had to reconsider.

I went with white specifically because it looks clean and it is the least likely to show scratches or fingerprints. It also doesn't clash with any tile color you choose because it's neutral.

Well, I've had my phone for 2 months or so now and it turns out I was right on all counts. I don't see any fingerprints or smudges on the phone ever. I can't see any visible scratching either and I've never used a case. I was also pleasantly surprised to find that the glossy is actually quite a bit easier to keep a grip on than the matte, so I never feel like I'm in danger of fumbling and dropping the phone.

I upgraded to the 920 from a 900 too, and I can tell you, you will be delighted with the improvements. The 920 feels much nicer and more well contoured in your hand and the screen and the performance are amazing.

As a former matte cyan 900 owner, I heartily recommend the glossy white 920. I may be biased, but I think it's the best of the bunch. White hides little scratches the best, you won't grow tired of it and it just looks lovely. I get compliments on my phone all the time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3