Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    2,906 Global Posts
    So my sister is in Canada talking to rogers to get a replacement for my lumia 920.

However, rogers is telling her that because it's unlocked (note, we paid rogers to unlock it in the store), it voids the manufacturer warranty.

Can anyone confirm this nonsense?

Global Posts
    2,906 Global Posts
    Well seems this nonsense is true as Rogers said the phone is unlocked and they cannot do anything about it in addition to not having services with them.

They instructed that the phone needs to be sent back to nokia.

Can anyone advise on the RIGHT way to do this? I'm seeing this PDF (http://download.fds-ncom.nokia.com/s...rm_6-28-12.pdf) on their website. Is this the right channel to get my phone replaced?

It may void any warranty that Rogers would provide, but not a manufacturers warranty, as you have not tampered with the product.
    Arguing with an ***** is like playing chess with a pigeon.
    You could be the greatest player in the world, but the pigeon will still knock over all the pieces, s--t on the board and strut around triumphantly-Tomtom6 on NcSportbikes.com

same problem with me, I dont use my Nokia lumia 920 on Rogers. I call Nokia for replacement/ repair and they told me to go to Rogers, but I don't have a Rogers account. The last option that I did is to send it to Nokia Repair centre in Ontario as instructed by Nokia support with my own shipping expense.

Global Posts
    2,906 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flame l View Post
    same problem with me, I dont use my Nokia lumia 920 on Rogers. I call Nokia for replacement/ repair and they told me to go to Rogers, but I don't have a Rogers account. The last option that I did is to send it to Nokia Repair centre in Ontario as instructed by Nokia support with my own shipping expense.
    And what transpired

I'm still waiting cause canada post will ship my phone on monday and they told me that they will prioritize my phone. Probably end of next week, they will email me again.

Global Posts
    585 Global Posts
    Unlocking your phone does not void warranty. Not sure about Rogers, it may void their store return policy, but definitely not warranty. I don't know why they told you that, you might wanna talk to a manager.

Global Posts
    2,906 Global Posts
    well im gonna ship it to the repair center in Ontario on Monday and see what happens.

Global Posts
    2,906 Global Posts
    So today is the day in supposed to send the phone back to Canada for my sis to take it to Nokia. Well what so you know... Two hours of charger with normal usage and it's still @100%.

Not sure if this is a misreading or a bug or what. Now I don't want to send it again. Lol .

Global Posts
    2,906 Global Posts
    Never mind. Was just a glitch. Rebooted phone and it was @ 33%.

Back you go lumia :(

Unlocking a Nokia Lumia 920 does not void warranty. I too have unlocked my Nokia Lumia 920 locked to Rogers network. I unlocked my Nokia Lumia 920 using unlock code. I got the unlock code for my Nokia Lumia 920 from www.mobileunlocksolutions.com at affordable cost with easy unlocking instructions.