- 01-04-2013, 08:11 PM #1
I got this 920 for 3 weeks and battery had been OK for this long time. But the weirdest thing happened the day before yesterday. See the image below. 40% ran out in about 7 hours.
What did I do with the phone then? NOTHING.
It was middle of the night, and I put it on flight mode (so I can have alarm on the morning) on 12am. No connection, accessories or background task was on. After that, everything is back to normal: fully charged on 11am, and now 63% after 22 hours.
- 01-04-2013, 08:22 PM #2
That's odd. The only thing I can think is that there was something that was trying to get cell network that you thought you'd killed, but hadn't, and it just kept pinging for nothing. My best guess.
- 01-04-2013, 10:40 PM #5
- 01-05-2013, 01:08 AM #7
I weathered the same experience last night. My phone uses to spend only less than 10% juice throughout the whole night (idle with all data connection closed). However, last nightmy battery surprisingly drained about 30%. I just updated few apps when the toast notification came to me. Then I got a full charge and set the same as I always do at night.
My bold guest - 1) The update isn't predominately improved or even worsen the battery performance given improving the app performance.( I may regret the update if say so).
2) I always suspect the battery isn't fully charge. (I think a majority of users has experienced the battery meter isn't accurate). Be aware when the meter detects 100% charge (even though in reality it isn't), the power supply cuts off. So our battery actually don't get a full juice. Next morning when the meter back to normal, of course we will notice it's far away from 100% because it isn't fully charged last night (cause we wrongly think it spent 30% juice for idle last night). Just my guest not a confirmed issue
- 01-08-2013, 03:08 AM #9
It just happened again, and I think this might be a problem leading to those bad battery experience. I had like 80+% juice last night before I played 30 mins of Angry Bird Star Wars. As usual, it warmed up and dropped to 60%. Then I closed it and locked the screen. But after another 1 hr or something, I found it was still warm and down to 40%! And I had done nothing! Immediately, I turned it off to cool it. Guess what? It stopped dropping and even raised up 2%! Then I turned it to flight mode and the whole night only consumed 2%.
No, I didn't get the PR1.1 yet
- By smurfercom in forum Nokia Lumia 810Replies: 1Last Post: 12-28-2012, 10:32 PM
- By TaliZorah in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 14Last Post: 02-26-2012, 06:01 PM
- By velvetelvis in forum Samsung Focus S 4GReplies: 9Last Post: 10-30-2011, 07:58 AM
- By Tjarren in forum Phone WarsReplies: 0Last Post: 09-16-2011, 12:44 AM