Nokia Ringtone Maker, Bad at Making Ringtones good at Making me Crazy

pookiewood

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I've seen some people post and say that the Nokia Ringtone Maker is a great program and it works for them. It doesn't work at all for me.

I've dragged over plenty of different MP3 files and the app finds some but not in the way I see in this video: Nokia Ringtone Maker for Windows Phone 8 on Nokia Lumia 820 - YouTube

On my phone when I click "pick song" the Song tab does not populate with anything. The Genre tab shows the genres but no files. The Artist tab shows the artist but when you click on an artist it opens a screen that says "songs" but the song is unclickable. Tapping it does nothing. The Album tab does the same thing as Artist does.

The search on the songs tab doesn't pull up any results. I've tried all kinds of MP3's with a couple actually working but I had to go to Genre and launch the song from there. I also tried downloading songs from Zune/XBOX Music with no luck.

Lastly I tried a Hard Reset which bricked my phone (portico updated) but luckily found a post by itxjobe that fixed my phone. After all that and a resintall of the App IT STILL DIDN'T WORK!! AHHH!

I can't be the only one having this issue. I can barely find anyone ranting or complaining about this app on the web. Please share your experience good or bad with this app. :unhappy:

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
After update it works on my phone now, but some songs its saying are not compatible, they are all mp3 and DRM free

D0gsballs

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
It's a strange one and I find something similar. There was 1 song I wanted to use and it displayed, but then when I tried to use it I got the message it's not compatible. Not sure why as it was bought from the Xbox Music Store (incidentally the one I eventually used was also bought from the store). I noticed that other songs I tried to use just didn't show, so when you clicked on the song you should then see it in the next screen to select but nothing. Very weird.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Amazingly I don't even have this app available in marketplace. I tried switching region to US but still no luck. How to download this app??

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Pretty alright app with basic functions, need to tweak the start point end point sliding, right now it gets really messy and not very intuitive. Also need some effects such as fade in fade out.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
is anybody else getting a stutter at the end of the ringtone when they pick up calls? minor complaint, still annoying
YES I noticed this after one of the updates, can't remember which one. I remember first week or two using my phone I didn't have that, but now there's the stutter sound like DJ scratching when picking up calls

pjeung

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
YES I noticed this after one of the updates, can't remember which one. I remember first week or two using my phone I didn't have that, but now there's the stutter sound like DJ scratching when picking up calls

EXACTLY!!! I posted that a few weeks back, but got no replies.. assumed it was an hardware issue on my phone.. hope they fix it soon

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
EXACTLY!!! I posted that a few weeks back, but got no replies.. assumed it was an hardware issue on my phone.. hope they fix it soon
Yeah sooner or later they will release an update to fix that for sure. Not bothering me too much just yet xD

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750