2 hour dead battery

NikkVS

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Last night on my way out to dinner, I turned on Nokia Drive to navigate to the restaurant. While drive was on, my 920 was plugged into the car charger. Upon arrival at my destination, I turned off Drive and GPS. In less than 2 hours, my phone gave me a critical low battery warning and shut down. I had 100% battery when I disconnected from the car charger. What the ****? The only apps I leave running are Accuweather and the battery for WP8 apps. WiFi was turned off, so was location service, but Bluetooth was on. What the ****? My phone is hot in my hand as I type this post!

I really hope that Nokia can fix the issues with this phone. I love it, but it does me no good if I can only get 2 hours from a full charge. This is my 2nd 920. At&t replaced the first, due to lockups, reboots, and battery issues like the one last night.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Are you sure it was charged 100% when you left your car? The reason I am asking that is because we've had several post about Nokia Drive draining the battery faster than the car charger could charge it. What resolved this was getting an actual USB charging cable which allowed more amperes through.

Last edited:

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Last night on my way out to dinner, I turned on Nokia Drive to navigate to the restaurant. While drive was on, my 920 was plugged into the car charger. Upon arrival at my destination, I turned off Drive and GPS. In less than 2 hours, my phone gave me a critical low battery warning and shut down. I had 100% battery when I disconnected from the car charger. What the ****? The only apps I leave running are Accuweather and the battery for WP8 apps. WiFi was turned off, so was location service, but Bluetooth was on. What the ****? My phone is hot in my hand as I type this post!

I really hope that Nokia can fix the issues with this phone. I love it, but it does me no good if I can only get 2 hours from a full charge. This is my 2nd 920. At&t replaced the first, due to lockups, reboots, and battery issues like the one last night.

Nokia Drive is in BETA. Nokia Drive and battery drain are both known and acknowledged by Nokia at some point or the other.

Even on exit, it tends to stay alive in background instead of going to tombstone state as all the other apps in the OS. Wait till they roll out a fix.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
So someone on WPCentral is in the habit of deleting posts without justification or notification? That's just peachy.

OP - Sorry, I had some helpful stuff that I shared but I guess a moderator had other ideas.

You quoted Palandri (mod) and said something about his question being stupid, I read that. I think that did not go down well. However, Palandri has edited his post explaining his "stupid" question again for your satisfaction.

NikkVS

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure it was charged 100% when you left your car? The reason I am asking that is because we've had several post about Nokia Drive draining the battery faster than the car charger could charge it. What resolved this was getting an actual USB charging cable which allowed more amperes through.

NikkVS

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I saw 100% battery right before I got out of the car. I use the USB cable supplied by Nokia with the phone and a 2 port USB lighter adapter.

What's strange is that today, the phone has been off of the charger for 8 hours and the battery is at 91%. I have made and received about 15 calls and used about 2 hours of mobile web. It says I have 11 hours of battery life left. Go figure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3