Latitude attitude

Dell Latitude 7280 is a business laptop with tons of consumer attitude

4K all the way

You probably don't NEED a 4K webcam, but we love Logitech's BRIO 4K anyway

Long live Windows phone

Contrary to popular belief, Windows phone won't die anytime soon

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

Your go-to laptop guide

Introducing our ultimate laptop buyer's guide

Listen here

Attn Android and iPhone users: What you need to know about Windows phone

Old is new?

The original Surface Pro still holds its own in the 2-in-1 world

Xbox Greenlight?

No, internet, Microsoft isn't opening Xbox to all UWP games

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28
  1. CaptDjob's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    159 Posts
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    Hello,

    bought today the wireless NFC charging stand. Problem is that when "weather and calendar" is selected for NFC to activate, it doesn't show the weather. The big clock is there and also the calendar marking shows but no weather?

    Anyone sharing same problems. Any solutions what is wrong or do I miss particular weather app or so. That I noticed that there is no "weather and calendar" app anywhere so it must take the weather info somewhere (that I might have deleted). Was there original weather app that came with Lumia 920?

    Thanks in advance

    PS. One extra question. The swipe up and down is really nice (was disappointed at first because the screen was so bright), but is there anything that could dimm the capacitive buttons also? Or is just because the display back light is that bright always what ever you do? Because I think that these buttons are also too bright for me.

    PPS. Okay, one more question. Everytime I tap the NFC, the phone asks if I want to download the content (or something like that, I have finnish language on my phone) and every time you have to accept it. Is there anyway to disable this feature?
  2. Starsys1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  
    Same problem here. No weather. Is this feature only for USA users ? (I'm in France)
  3. smileyh's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    55 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #3  
    Where can I get one? Ive been looking. I am in the USA and when I get one I could report back
  4. CaptDjob's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    159 Posts
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #4  
    Bumping this up, anyone has answers for following:

    - no weather displayed
    - capacitive buttons too bright (and also when room is dark the whole screen is too bright), anything to dimm the back light?
    - always promting to accept "download content" when tapping NFC
  5. BeaverJuicer's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    215 Posts
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #5  
    You need to enable the weather. In settings, swipe to the right.

    I don't believe it is possible to disable the buttons.

    If you find out how to disable the "accept" requirement, let me know.
  6. CaptDjob's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    159 Posts
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by BeaverJuicer View Post
    You need to enable the weather. In settings, swipe to the right.

    I don't believe it is possible to disable the buttons.

    If you find out how to disable the "accept" requirement, let me know.
    Thanks for answering. What settings do you mean? When going "accessories" and clicking this stand, there is not too much to select. I can only select what NFC opens (the weather and calendar), location for weather forecast and then celsius or fahrenheit. Nothing else is here.

    If I just go to settings, swipe left I am in app settings. Nothing here. Only related topic would be backround apps. There I have weather selected as active (weather channel is the app, but I have tried also some other apps).
  7. jfmanzo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #7  
    I bought the stand when I was on vacation in Hawaii at an ATT store in Honolulu- brought it back home to Canada, and it works fine in Canada, even shows temp in Celsius. So even though you can't get a charger in Canada it works here.
  8. Hikari_PL's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #8  
    Same problem here (tested in Poland and Austria), i.e. no weather in Nokia Accessories app. Any ideas for a fix?
  9. CaptDjob's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    159 Posts
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikari_PL View Post
    Same problem here (tested in Poland and Austria), i.e. no weather in Nokia Accessories app. Any ideas for a fix?
    I'll try to contact Nokia care about this as it seems that this forum has not solved this issue.

    If there are any people here OUTSIDE US, you could prompt if you see the weather.
  10. dakranii's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    528 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #10  
    I have weather in the US, so it sounds like it's an out of US problem. Nokia could help, but know that their default help suggestion is to reset the phone (that's what they always tell me).

    As for the screen being too bright, does swiping down the screen slowly dim your display? It does on mine and should for you.

    I don't think you can do anything about the capacitive buttons being lit nor can you disable the "accept" that I'm aware of.
  11. Garry Nazaryan's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptDjob View Post
    I'll try to contact Nokia care about this as it seems that this forum has not solved this issue.

    If there are any people here OUTSIDE US, you could prompt if you see the weather.
    No weather info in Russia.
  12. BeaverJuicer's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    215 Posts
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptDjob View Post
    Thanks for answering. What settings do you mean? When going "accessories" and clicking this stand, there is not too much to select. I can only select what NFC opens (the weather and calendar), location for weather forecast and then celsius or fahrenheit. Nothing else is here.

    If I just go to settings, swipe left I am in app settings. Nothing here. Only related topic would be backround apps. There I have weather selected as active (weather channel is the app, but I have tried also some other apps).
    Sorry, my bad. Was confusing it with another app to get weather on lock screen. However, if you touch the screen while this one is on, it does bring up a settings button.
    Make sure you've scrolled down, and have a location in the "Show weather in" box. Even with Use Current... checked, I have my city in the box (albeit greyed out).

    I am outside the USA, and do get weather
  13. loukkis's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    53 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by BeaverJuicer View Post
    Sorry, my bad. Was confusing it with another app to get weather on lock screen. However, if you touch the screen while this one is on, it does bring up a settings button.
    Make sure you've scrolled down, and have a location in the "Show weather in" box. Even with Use Current... checked, I have my city in the box (albeit greyed out).

    I am outside the USA, and do get weather
    Do you have any weather app installed on your phone? It's possible that it needs to have some specific app installed prior showing the weather..
  14. BeaverJuicer's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    215 Posts
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by loukkis View Post
    Do you have any weather app installed on your phone? It's possible that it needs to have some specific app installed prior showing the weather..
    I do, but not native/Microsoft/Nokia anything like that... I use WeatherFlow... And it is often different than what displays on the charging stand app.
  15. Jojordan82's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyh View Post
    Where can I get one? Ive been looking. I am in the USA and when I get one I could report back
    I'm from Belgium & I have a French phone. For me it's the same problem : no weather displayed!

    Any solution? :-(
    Last edited by Jojordan82; 01-16-2013 at 12:44 PM.
  16. heijenoort's Avatar
    Developer

    Posts
    80 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojordan82 View Post
    I'm from Belgium & I have a French phone. For me it's the same problem : no weather displayed!

    Any solution? :-(
    Neither works for me. Maybe this feature is Portico only...
  17. Jojordan82's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by heijenoort View Post
    Neither works for me. Maybe this feature is Portico only...
    I've installed Portico (flashed via Navifirm) but still no weather. Anyone solved this problem?

    Nokia told me it was working with the last update but not for me!
  18. slowhound's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #18  
    Change your regional format from language & region settings to United States (English) to get the weather.

    Confirmation dialog after the NFC tap is Microsoft platform security measure, I don't think Nokia can get around it.
  19. Jojordan82's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by slowhound View Post
    Change your regional format from language & region settings to United States (English) to get the weather.

    Confirmation dialog after the NFC tap is Microsoft platform security measure, I don't think Nokia can get around it.

    Thank you it worked!

    But I have to say that this is still not a perfect solution... I'm Belgian, French speaking, and when you change the Region format to US, the dates are in English, the phone thinks my currency is Dollar and some applications think I'm in US too...

    So I have to choose between Weather on screensaver or days on lockscreen and calendar in English...

    OK, I understand English and not all in the phone is in English but this isn't normal! It should work with my settings!
  20. heijenoort's Avatar
    Developer

    Posts
    80 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by slowhound View Post
    Change your regional format from language & region settings to United States (English) to get the weather.
    Still not work for me :(
  21. CaptDjob's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    159 Posts
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #21  
    Try change it to UK, that should work as well. My Lumia is in repair so I can't try it.
  22. Jojordan82's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptDjob View Post
    Try change it to UK, that should work as well. My Lumia is in repair so I can't try it.
    NOKIA told me today that you have to set you region format to an English speaking country for the weather to be displayed! I've tried and it works.

    The only problem is that, if like me, your native language is not English, all your calendar days will be displayed in English but the rest of the phone will remain the same (with the language you've chosen).
  23. heijenoort's Avatar
    Developer

    Posts
    80 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojordan82 View Post
    NOKIA told me today that you have to set you region format to an English speaking country for the weather to be displayed! I've tried and it works.

    The only problem is that, if like me, your native language is not English, all your calendar days will be displayed in English but the rest of the phone will remain the same (with the language you've chosen).
    I'm italian but I always set my phone language to english

    My language+region settings:



    If I change my country/region I cannot use the store.

    I have a DT-900 wireless charger. Is the accessory supported by this feature?
  24. Jojordan82's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by heijenoort View Post
    I'm italian but I always set my phone language to english

    My language+region settings:

    http://s2.postimage.org/52v2cto7d/wp...30128_0003.png

    If I change my country/region I cannot use the store.

    I have a DT-900 wireless charger. Is the accessory supported by this feature?

    No it is not supported by the DT-900 but only by the charger stand DT-910.
  25. heijenoort's Avatar
    Developer

    Posts
    80 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojordan82 View Post
    No it is not supported by the DT-900 but only by the charger stand DT-910.
    So, mystery solved :D
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Nokia Wireless charging stand and plate in Canada?
    By ImmortalWarrior in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 03-01-2013, 09:35 AM
  2. Wireless Charge Stand in UK?
    By dlusted in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-17-2012, 09:08 AM
  3. Event not showing up on calendar tile or lock screen
    By MrSean490 in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-21-2012, 06:11 AM
  4. Twitter not showing up in email+accounts?
    By ndychn in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-19-2012, 02:46 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-08-2011, 06:46 PM

Posting Permissions

";