Nokia Lumia 920 keeps shutting down

German1513

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I had this same problem today, got the phone turned off and it got stucked in the "nokia" screen, I had to use power and volume down keys. I have not seen yet a pattern and its the first time that happens to me.

TiggleBitties

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Do you have WiFi enabled? I suspect there's a bug that Microsoft and Nokia are working on, as even after the Portico update I've been having this issue. After talking to them, they had me disable WiFi, which seemed to have fixed this entirely.

I took your advice and shut the WiFi down 5 days ago. So far the phone has not shut down by itself. If this is truely a WiFi bug and effecting only a batch of 920, I hope Nokia will release a fix soon.

maddeness14

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Well my WiFi experiment was fairly short lived. My phone powered itself down about 36 hours after I turned off WiFi.

It's rare that my phone goes more than 24 hours without shutting down. It usually happens in the middle of the night, which is extremely annoying when you are an avid user of an alarm app. Going to pick up an alarm clock today so I'm no longer waking up in a panic and being late to work. :(

Not sure what else to do. Can anyone confirm that Nokia is working on a fix for this?

xsonwong

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Well my WiFi experiment was fairly short lived. My phone powered itself down about 36 hours after I turned off WiFi.

It's rare that my phone goes more than 24 hours without shutting down. It usually happens in the middle of the night, which is extremely annoying when you are an avid user of an alarm app. Going to pick up an alarm clock today so I'm no longer waking up in a panic and being late to work. :(

Not sure what else to do. Can anyone confirm that Nokia is working on a fix for this?
Nokia Care tweet me that they are working on this...

ric2001

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
I had my first shutdown yesterday, this is after having the phone for a month. It's also the first time I used Bluetooth, here are the details:

- Turned on headphones
- I was on Bluetooth screen on phone, didn't see headphones listed
- Powered off/on phone
- Headphones now showed, paired ok
- Went to Nokia Music and listened to a few mixes
- On about fifth or sixth song, phone just shutdown
- Had to power up with vol down + power button

fxiao

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
It seems the solution mentioned in this thread works (https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/917574#917574), I didn't have shut down issue for the first night after I owned it for a week ;)
Basically, you just try following
•Turn the phone off - all the way - hold the power button, then slide the screen down to turn off.
•Plug it into the power cord and at the same time, press and hold the Volume Down button.
•Hold the Volume Down button until the big exclamation point appears, then let go.
•Phone should reboot.

prashaanthravi

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
I found the same. After trying several different possibilities, I found that when the Wi-Fi is on it shuts off after some time. But it does no harm when cellular data is on.

I would like to know if you are not using Wi-Fi on your phone anymore? Or would the best thing be to get this phone exchanged from Nokia?

prashaanthravi

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
I found the same. After trying several different possibilities, I found that when the Wi-Fi is on it shuts off after some time. But it does no harm when cellular data is on.

I would like to know if you are not using Wi-Fi on your phone anymore? Or would the best thing be to get this phone exchanged from Nokia?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett