Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1.    #1  
    I was navigating the web and i was on xda website on the Lumia 920 section of the forums and i found this link. AT&T Lumia 920 unlocked

Use Google Chrome to view the page so it can be translate it to English

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2045482576?pn=2

Global Posts
    1,036 Global Posts
    LoL. He called AT&T and proved to AT&T that he bought a contract free phone and somehow he received the unlock code from them. It happens from time to time in the past but that's pure luck.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by foxbat121 View Post
    LoL. He called AT&T and proved to AT&T that he bought a contract free phone and somehow he received the unlock code from them. It happens from time to time in the past but that's pure luck.
    Yeah, happened to me when i bought my Lumia 920. They asked me for my documentation i faxed it in but then i was denied. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Rodriguez View Post
    Yeah, happened to me when i bought my Lumia 920. They asked me for my documentation i faxed it in but then i was denied. LOL
    Well someone also claimed he got code from cellunlock, took him 20 days. But don't know how true it is.

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Huime View Post
    Well someone also claimed he got code from cellunlock, took him 20 days. But don't know how true it is.
    I have requested code from AT&T and from Cell Unlock but still waiting.
    Lets see hopefully anyone of them is able to provide me the code.

He also mentioned later on that it seems like ATT has unlock codes available all the time but is not willing to give them out. He bought it full-price from ATT. At first a Customer Rep told him that his phone's IMEI was not in the database but he called BS because he knew he bought it from ATT. Later he asked this to be escalated and got a case number for it. And it took two more weeks for him to get the unlock code.
    Current Device: Nokia Lumia 920 (Yellow) on AT&T
    Current Non-WP Device: Nexus 7, Wi-Fi 16GB | iPod Touch 2nd Gen
    Retired Device: Samsung Nexus S | ASUS Transformer Prime

Global Posts
    1,036 Global Posts
    There is no doubt AT&T already has the code in database but it is not giving out per their policy. But if you are lucky enough to encounter a rep that didn't know the policy, you may get the code. That happens to me with my Galaxy S2. But in general, you are not suppose to get it until lock out period expires.

The posts are funny that many (Chinese) are caculating how much profit they can make for each phone (3,000 Yuan cost and retails for 4,000 Yuan) if the scheme works out and they can even pay for the airline tickets if they buy enough of them.