- 01-05-2013, 11:07 PM #1
I got my phone replaced yesterday due to worsening creaking in the phone body. The phone also got uncomfortably hot doing simple tasks such as listening to music or using chat. I wasn't sure if this was normal or not, but judging by this new model it definitely was not. This one is so much cooler, and only got warm after 2 hours of music and chat non stop. I also read my local paper's review of the 920 who said that their initial model had heat issues, but the replacement did not.
So... Why did this happen? Is there any kind of logical explanation? They all use the same processor as far as I know.
- 01-06-2013, 12:31 AM #2
In my experience, I thought that the software/firmware played a role on the overheating issues. After I got the portico update, I am having better battery life and less overheating, I still get it from time to time while browsing or watching some videos, but it is not as hot than it was before.
Also, were you able to get a replacement directly from Nokia? Or through you carrier?
- 01-06-2013, 03:13 AM #3
- 01-06-2013, 05:53 AM #5
- 01-06-2013, 06:51 AM #7
- By jdhooghe in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 97Last Post: 02-18-2013, 10:51 AM
- By Strings78 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 5Last Post: 04-16-2012, 01:16 PM
- By 7inchesNBPEL in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 2Last Post: 04-05-2012, 05:57 PM
- By jtn05 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 55Last Post: 01-19-2011, 11:19 AM
- By sandman in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 0Last Post: 12-18-2010, 10:22 PM