Most Stable Windows Phone 8 Applications and Battery Life issues..

RushilPa

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Hey Guys, my Nokia Lumia 920 had been having battery issues, so I figured I'd do a hard reset. Yet, in about 1 hours 15 minutes my battery went from 100% to 91%, and estimated time remaining, from 1 Day 15 hours to 16 hours...I don't understand, I don't want to return it and get another one, because this one is perfect, and I've already waited a month. I love this phone so much, I just want the battery to be acceptable again.. I Would REALLY REALLY appreciate your help, I want to know if downloading WhatsApp, Facebook etc are alright...please beware me of unstable applications.. Thanks you :) thanks a lot! :angel:

wp_ss_20130105_0002.png wp_ss_20130105_0003.png

Last edited:

tommohammed

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Were you using the phone during that hour?

Also, a funny observation I've had. Phone batteries are always disappointing at first. I think they take a while to peak. My original 920 had terrible battery, when I got home from school I had about 20% left at 4pm from not much use. A few weeks later and it was 50% with more use. My advice is to wait it out. Turn off NFC if you already haven't.

RushilPa

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I did turn NFC off :) Before the only apps I allowed in the background were the weather channel app from nokia and Facebook by Microsoft..all others I blocked from running in the background if that's any help.

RushilPa

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I used it for a little while, to take about 7 pictures and do a bing search about Nokia 808 PureView...that's kind of it.. lol

RushilPa

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
it lost one percent on mostly standby...I just checked the WP app store for less then 1 minute and closed internet explorer..

RushilPa

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
No apps in new reset, there were many in the pre-reset, but only facebook and weather were running the background, I blocked the others.

tommohammed

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I'd say give it a week and a bit, and if your battery still hasn't improved then swap it out. I know the battery calibration thing is an unproven myth but I personally feel like that helped. Can't hurt trying that once anyway

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
You did a hard reset so the battery calibration resets I think, happened to me and i've reset my 920s multiple times.

The 1 day and 15 hours is a default estimated time for pretty much all the phones i've used when i first use it. It will be that the first couple charges. Then it will adjust, the point is, who cares about the estimated time, it is off in general and is not a good indicator. How long is your phone lasting while you are using it? Is it lasting you like 7 hours and needs a recharge which is not good, or are you able to get through the day without a charge until you go to bed which is good .

Again, ignore the estimated time left and base your performance on how your phone last during the day with your normal usage routine.

From my assumption, you reset your phone because your estimated time was low? and not based on actual usage??

RushilPa

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
You did a hard reset so the battery calibration resets I think, happened to me and i've reset my 920s multiple times.

The 1 day and 15 hours is a default estimated time for pretty much all the phones i've used when i first use it. It will be that the first couple charges. Then it will adjust, the point is, who cares about the estimated time, it is off in general and is not a good indicator. How long is your phone lasting while you are using it? Is it lasting you like 7 hours and needs a recharge which is not good, or are you able to get through the day without a charge until you go to bed which is good .

Again, ignore the estimated time left and base your performance on how your phone last during the day with your normal usage routine.

From my assumption, you reset your phone because your estimated time was low? and not based on actual usage??

Last night, it was on full charge right before I went to sleep, after I woke up I used it for about 10 minutes, then went to my SAT classes at 9, used it there for 10 minutes max during break, came back at around 12:30, I used the phone on the way back for about 5-7 minutes, including a 1-2 minute video I shot while I car to test the OIS, came back home, used WhatsApp a little, and then I kept it aside, I used my phone to send texts about 7-8 times from 12:30 to about 3:30, after which battery died and I had to put it in charge. Correct me if Im wrong..but I didn't really do THAT much with it, the only apps I ran in the background were facebook and weather, I am so sorry if I'm being stupid, this is the first smartphone I've owned honestly... :/

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Go to settings and check email and accounts settings, see if any of your accounts was constantly syncing.. I had that issue where microsoft account would not stop syncing

duncan0622

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Yes, the remaining time is meaningless... I never rely on those numbers... The most impotant is MS must calibrate the battery reading, it just volatile randomly.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
WhatsApp is a HUGE battery drain

+1 on that. I've also noticed that Whatsapp prevents the phone from going into Battery saver mode. Even when you turn on battery saver until next charge, since whatsapp is constantly over riding the system, you will end up getting odd notifications every now and then.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism