- 01-06-2013, 09:55 AM #2
I'm not sure that an AT&T contract phone will work for you in China. Nokia made a special model specifically for China called the 920T because China Mobile's network uses TD-SCDMA and TD-LTE. The American version of these phones don't support that standard. If you're on China Mobile at least, you'll need to buy the Chinese market 920T.
If you are on China Unicom however, I think they use W-CDMA, in which case the international version of the 920 could work for you as they use CDMA on the 2100 mhz band and the international version of the Lumia 920 supports 1700 and 2100.
I would check to make certain of what radio standard you need for your carrier and make sure the phone you are buying matches if before you purchase.
Hope that helps.
- 01-06-2013, 04:18 PM #4
I did a little more checking for you. It looks like the MSM8260A version of the Snapdragon S4 SoC, the only used on the HTC Windows Phone 8X supports TD-SCDMA, so the international or U.S. version of the HTC Windows Phone 8X should be compatible with China Mobile's network, but you would only get 3G speeds, not LTE/4G.
So if you are on China Mobile, you want to go with either the localized Lumia 920T for China, or possibly an international or U.S. HTC 8x.
If you are on China Unicom, an international version of the Lumia 920 should work for you.
- 01-06-2013, 04:42 PM #5
The Nokia Lumia 920T in China uses the newer version of 8960!
- MSM8960 Plus with Adreno 225 GPU
- MSM8960 Pro with Adreno 320 GPU
Nokia Lumia 920T has "MSM8960 Pro" in it! Still a dual core with same clock speed 1.5GHz with a "faster GPU" and made on the same 28nm.
So the T on the 920T means MSM8960T. 😎ATIV S is LIFE
- By blazin3 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 5Last Post: 11-28-2012, 12:50 PM
- By BIGPADDY in forum The "Off Topic" LoungeReplies: 12Last Post: 11-21-2012, 04:59 AM
- By X0LARIUM in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 16Last Post: 09-09-2012, 10:21 AM
- By X0LARIUM in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 67Last Post: 09-05-2012, 10:34 PM
- By bigkevbosky in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 13Last Post: 08-01-2012, 03:00 PM