Hey! Here's the issue,

Using the Lumia 920, When I forward an e-mail, i'd like to EDIT the ORIGINAL text in the e-mail before sending it.

Making it clear (***** proof version)
    * I receive an e-mail with 10 items to buy
    * I wanna forward it to a friend who is helping me (he buys 5, I buy 5)
    SO.... I wanna delete 5 items (which I am buying) from the E-Mail (i.e. Original Text) while forwarding it to him
    WHICH I CANNOT SEEM TO DO....

I only get a COPY PASTE option when I touch the original e-mail text. No Keyboard pops up, for me to delete / add text..

I tried looking this up, but could not find any solution...

P.S. This Does happen on my other phones. iPhone 4S & a Cheap Android Samsung! WHY NOT THE LUMIA??

And I think there is a better solution than a DUMB... Copy paste the entire thing, etc.

So.... Am I being stupid and missing out on something here, or is this by design???

H E L P!
    01-06-2013 02:11 PM
    I had the same problem, can't do it I don't think
    01-06-2013 02:51 PM
    Peachy.... are you the only one besides me who requires to do this???

Cmon... EXPERTS! USERS! This thread needs to be "SOLVED" or state: "WARNING! NOKIA Fu**** UP! THREAD CLOSED"
    01-07-2013 04:04 AM
    Peachy.... are you the only one besides me who requires to do this???

Cmon... EXPERTS! USERS! This thread needs to be "SOLVED" or state: "WARNING! NOKIA Fu**** UP! THREAD CLOSED"
    To be fair, it's not Nokia's fault because Microsoft are responsible for Windows Phone OS. And no, it's not possible to edit the forwarded email
    01-07-2013 05:02 AM
    One option would be to copy and then paste from the email into a new email.

If it is a re-occurring email that you utilize a lot, you might consider creating an "email template" with the "email templates" app.
    01-07-2013 02:06 PM
    Hi,

You are not alone, I also require this... hoping that microsoft will take this in consideration one day and change the way it works!
    05-08-2013 12:30 AM
    Yes, me too, this is one of the annoying and imho silly "features" of WP8. Lets hope MS fixes these sort of designed-in-errors.

-D
    05-08-2013 12:34 AM
    I Bought nokia lumia 1520 2 days back and I'm wallowing in regret, in tears for shelling out a hefty bundle of my hard earned money on this under featured slab of a phone:
    1) Not being able to edit text before forwarding a mail is such a big limitation that it has crippled me- i forward upto 20 profiles in a day and i MUST choose n select what should go further and what info to withhold, its imperative to my business. I'm being forced to go back to my cheap local android fone that is 1/5th price of this expensive show piece.
    2) All my music is scattered over in the music + videos bin, as opposed being neatly bundled in various folders as it was in my android. My karaoke tracks and listening pleasure tracks are all mashed up together and i dont know how to scroll down a 1000 tracks, such a waste of time.
    3) I cannot transfer my full folder of books in its entirety. Each book/ document has to be transferred using a PC and now they r all jostling for space together without any appropriate headers.
    Really im in agony- only if they were paying attention to features that THEY themselves cannot do without, the buyers would've got a better device.
    04-03-2014 10:06 AM
    I Bought nokia lumia 1520 2 days back and I'm wallowing in regret, in tears for shelling out a hefty bundle of my hard earned money on this under featured slab of a phone:
    1) Not being able to edit text before forwarding a mail is such a big limitation that it has crippled me- i forward upto 20 profiles in a day and i MUST choose n select what should go further and what info to withhold, its imperative to my business. I'm being forced to go back to my cheap local android fone that is 1/5th price of this expensive show piece.
    2) All my music is scattered over in the music + videos bin, as opposed being neatly bundled in various folders as it was in my android. My karaoke tracks and listening pleasure tracks are all mashed up together and i dont know how to scroll down a 1000 tracks, such a waste of time.
    3) I cannot transfer my full folder of books in its entirety. Each book/ document has to be transferred using a PC and now they r all jostling for space together without any appropriate headers.
    Really im in agony- only if they were paying attention to features that THEY themselves cannot do without, the buyers would've got a better device.
    This is a classic case of the end user doing zero research before handing over a large sum of money.
    If you were to buy a car you would expect to have a test drive before committing to a purchase, so why did you not do the same before buying this phone?
    04-03-2014 10:59 AM