Hi all

I am having a problem with Internet Connection Sharing and my Nokia Lumia 920.

When I activate ICS on my phone, I can connect from my laptop as normal but either straight away or shortly after connection the connection becomes "Limited" and I can never get any data transfer between my phone and my laptop.

I have managed to successfully connect to other laptops and a work around that I currently use is to plug an old USB wireless adapter into my laptop which does work but this seems absurd as the laptop has a wireless card built in.

The laptop is a HP Touchsmart TX2Z and the wireless adapter is a Broadcom 4322AG 802.11a/b/g/draft-n Wi-Fi Adapter.

My Nokia Lumia is EE branded in the UK.

I have changed all sorts of settings that I don't understand on the wireless adapter and changed max connection speed from 4G to 3G but I can't get it to work.

Has anybody else had this problem?

Has anybody else found a solution?

Thanks and God bless

Andrew
    01-06-2013 06:54 PM
    did you try connecting from other computers to the phone and see if the problem occurs? If it only occurs with your Touchsmart, then I guess it might just be outdated drivers. Try updating the wireless card drivers and try again.
    01-06-2013 07:12 PM
    Hi klcow

Yes, it was the drivers. Spot on. Now all working fine. Had it working in a meeting today for about two hours.

Thanks

Andrew
    01-07-2013 03:50 PM