Help!!! what's version of the firmware named "LIGHT SWAP ENG CHINA"?

scnmip

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Hello guys

I'm now using 920 customized by China Mobile, it's name is 920T (3G = TD-SCDMA).

I found one ffu on NaviFirm+ which name is "LIGHT SWAP ENG CHINA" code is 059Q8Q2.

So what's version of the firmware named "LIGHT SWAP ENG xxxx"? what's the difference between LIGHT SWAP ENG and normal formatted version?

Add my pic taken by 920
WP_20130106_004.jpg

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Back in the bad old days of Symbian the Light Swap firmwares were generic firmwares associated with generic motherboards. You would get one of these if your motherboard needed to be replaced by Nokia Care. But, what should really happen is the new generic motherboard should be reprogrammed with the original product code and corresponding firmware. Some Nokia Care repair technicians fail to do this out of laziness. This means that you'll find it difficult to update the firmware because Nokia do not release updates for SWAP firmwares as they are not meant to be used on end user devices. The only way to update is to take it to a Nokia Care point and get the correct product code and firmware on your phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12