Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Hi
    I am using Lumia 920 bought from rogers
    i got it unlocked and now using it with mobilicity in canada
    My internet sharing was working fine when i was using rogers network but with mobilicity it just stopped working and got an error

"Connection not shared
    There's no cellular data connection to share right now. Check your cellular setting and signal, and try again
    "

I searched a lot about the fix and finally found a working fix rather than adding spanish keyboard which doesnt work for many of the 920 owners

Its just 3 easy steps to make it work.

First download the application called "Access Point" from the app store .If app store doesn't show the app in search results
    you can scan the code below

download.png

Then go to settings > cellular scroll down and click on add internet apn/ edit internet apn
    Enter the correct apn setting for your network

then go to setting > access point its at the end in the settings menu
    It will show your available network click the right network and activate it

Then you are done

Enjoy The Internet Sharing
    Last edited by Varun Saini; 01-07-2013 at 04:04 AM.

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Interesting. However, I'm not sure what my APN settings are...I'm on AT&T here.

Edit: Ok, found the settings here: Internet / WAP / APN / MMS SettingsTheUnlockr

Edit: Still doesn't appear to work at for AT&T.
    Quote Originally Posted by Visceral Monkey View Post
    Interesting. However, I'm not sure what my APN settings are...I'm on AT&T here.

Edit: Ok, found the settings here: Internet / WAP / APN / MMS SettingsTheUnlockr

Edit: Still doesn't appear to work at for AT&T.
    Not sure if it applies to AT&T, but from what I can tell, if you're using the Access Point method to get the correct network settings for Internet Sharing, you need to DELETE all manual APN settings prior to activating the correct Access Point. Otherwise, it will not work. Also, for some reason after an update or possibly hard reset, you will need to deactivate and re-activate the correct access point.

Unlocked Rogers on Virgin (Bell) network, Internet Sharing/MMS working.

Quote Originally Posted by onlineharvest View Post
    Not sure if it applies to AT&T, but from what I can tell, if you're using the Access Point method to get the correct network settings for Internet Sharing, you need to DELETE all manual APN settings prior to activating the correct Access Point. Otherwise, it will not work. Also, for some reason after an update or possibly hard reset, you will need to deactivate and re-activate the correct access point.

Unlocked Rogers on Virgin (Bell) network, Internet Sharing/MMS working.
    I entered all the settings manually and then just activated my operator from access point option and it worked did it on 3 phones it worked for all of them but i am not sure about at&t
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun Saini View Post
    I entered all the settings manually and then just activated my operator from access point option and it worked did it on 3 phones it worked for all of them but i am not sure about at&t
    Hmm, that's odd. I had the opposite experience. Access Point + Manual APN = didn't work. Remove manual APN and it works.

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    i'm on att as well and it didn't work for me either. must the phone be unlocked for this to work?
    Lumia 920

Quote Originally Posted by JConn_Lefty View Post
    i'm on att as well and it didn't work for me either. must the phone be unlocked for this to work?
    You buy the phoen already from at&t and i think it should work customer service can solve problem for you guys

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    You buy the phoen already from at&t and i think it should work customer service can solve problem for you guys
    yes, only if you're willing to pay extra on a monthly basis.
    Lumia 920

Quote Originally Posted by JConn_Lefty View Post
    yes, only if you're willing to pay extra on a monthly basis.
    Oooh ok just get it unlocked and use it with some other carrier i got mine unlocked from cellunlocker

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I did this when I got my phone, it worked. But today it doesn't work. I can't uninstall the app either so I think the only way for me to get internet sharing would be to do a factory reset and then re-install this app on my rogers 920.
    Thanked by:
    vs6xfx 

Has anyone been able to get this to work with Straight Talk (using an AT&T 920)?

I have same problem, I live in Mexico, got my phone unlocked from ATT but I am not able to share internet :(

Quote Originally Posted by German1513 View Post
    I have same problem, I live in Mexico, got my phone unlocked from ATT but I am not able to share internet :(
    I thought AT&T Nokia Lumia 920 can't be unlocked.

if this one doesnt work for you guys u can try adding spanish keyboard method it works for some give it a try

1) Go to Settings
    2) Go to Keyboard
    3) + Add Keyboards
    4) Select Spanish (Spain)
    5) Click on the checkmark icon to install.

Try it may be it works for you to start Internet Sharing

Anybody managed to get this to work on an ATT phone?

1) Go to Settings
    2) Go to Keyboard
    3) + Add Keyboards

it works only temporily, and then it stops. I tried this on ATT, either with 5GB plan or 3 GB plan, doesnt matter. the phone is a rogers unlocked L920.

And yes, I registered the IMEI with ATT via their online chat.
    Quote Originally Posted by JaimitoFrog View Post
    it works only temporily, and then it stops. I tried this on ATT, either with 5GB plan or 3 GB plan, doesnt matter. the phone is a rogers unlocked L920.

And yes, I registered the IMEI with ATT via their online chat.
    Does ATT allow Internet Sharing, or rather, are you trying to make it work and PAY for that option? I don't think it can circumvent the carrier if you need to pay for the service.

Internet Sharing works for me (Virgin/Bell, in Canada), but internet sharing is a standard option. Not sure how it works elsewhere.

Global Posts
    748 Global Posts
    AT&T here in the US. Internet Sharing is only enabled on 4GB Data Plan and up.

Quote Originally Posted by monlosez3 View Post
    AT&T here in the US. Internet Sharing is only enabled on 4GB Data Plan and up.
    the ones available are 5GB pkg. For ATT you have to pay for it. The problem is even if you do, it still doesnt work on unlocked roger L920 on ATT network.

There is some confusion here.

Internet sharing is not a network feature. ATT and others can not turn it off in the network as you are sharing the same data access as you use for browsing in the phone so instead that have implemented an app that works a bit different depending on OS. In the case of an ATT Lumia 920 phone it has the ATT specific firmware with an app that checks against ATT servers if you have thefeature on your plan.

In Nokias case I do not believe the unbranded version of the phone has this app that check against servers you can just turn it on... (Like in any unbranded none ATT phone for the past 7 years)

Apple has the worst implementation where they disable hot spot when you put in an ATT compatible SIM even on a full priced unlocked device!!. I wonder if this is really legal.

However, Jailbreak apps like tetherme restores this native functionality in the iPhone and it works very well regardless of plan or carrier. (I am using Straight Talk)

In most countries this is enabled and you are able to use your data anyway you like. Not sure what ATT does to get away with this but Verizon was fined here in the US. http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-57484000-38/verizon-to-pay-$1.25m-fcc-fine-forced-to-allow-tethering-apps/

1) Go to Settings
    2) Go to Keyboard
    3) + Add Keyboards

Thanks
    Speed from my Surface

You r welcome buddy

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I installed this app and have no idea what to do with it. When I go to settings and access point I have 3 options, AT&T 3G, AT&T - LTE1 - Lumia, AT&T - LTE2 - Lumia. I've selected LTE 1. When I go to internet sharing and tried to turn it on but I immediately get a connection not shared message and to dial 611. Normally before I installed access point it would take like 10 seconds before the connection not shared message is displayed.
    Also when I go settings/Cellular and change add mms apn I don't have some of the options found in Internet / WAP / APN / MMS SettingsTheUnlockr for at&t like MMS Proxy, MCC, and MNC.

So I did get an unbranded German Lumia and unfortunately it is not working here either.
    It unfortunately appears Microsoft has also implemented the server check (like Apple) that is appliead when you put in an ATT issued SIM card regardless if you are with ATT or not.
    It works wo a problem with my Swedish Telia SIM but with the US SIM it just says Go to ATT web or call 611.

In the German website it says that it has the feature but not with a Straigt Talk SIM... (Internet sharing works fine on jailbreaked iPhone 4S or Galaxy Nexus so the service is there)

rm-821_eu_euro2_248
    000-DE

Mobiler Internetzugriff
    WLAN Hot-Spot
    Bis zu 8 WLAN-kompatible Einheiten
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast