Does 3G Frequency Band Affect Battery Life?

najibest

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
OK so basically I use my Lumia 920 primarily in with operators with dual 3G 900/1800 MHz band (in Malaysia and Vietnam) and I notice that my battery life is quite bad...usually lasting only 6-8 hours with medium use...

Recently I was in Australia and I was on Optus (dual band 3G 900/2100) and I noticed that my battery life increased significantly...easily 12 hours on medium usage....so this begs the question...does the 3G bad affect battery life?

I noticed that when using my Lumia 920 in Malaysia and Vietnam, the HSDPA symbol H is always on while in Australia on Optus, the H symbol only pops up when I'm actively using data....when idle only the 3G symbol is on....I think it's kinnda neat that the high speed 3G is only activated when needed on Optus while on idle it remains 3G...does this affect battery life? and also why is the behavior different between the carriers that I'm on? I remember that when I was using my Nokia N8, the behavior is pretty similar that high speed connection is rarely activated unless required....

any ideas?

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
If your phone is constantly searching for a signal, it will use a lot of battery life. That's about the only thing I can think of from your post.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)