How much data useage is this....?

Thargoid

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
My Lumia 920 is on a 1Gb/month tariff but to be honest I have no idea even roughly how much that pertains to useage-wise.

Can anyone shed any light on what apps generally use what amount of data?

For example, I generally have "Location" off unless I'm looking for somewhere or checking in, but if I left it on, how much data useage am I looking at? If it's a puny amount then I'll leave it on.
Similarly updates on Hotmail, Facebook, Messenger, CNN News updates, etc. I think it would be really handy to know.

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The big killer on data usage is streaming videos on the likes of YouTube etc so be careful with that, as for having your emails on automatically checking every few hours etc take it off and do it manually it will save you data. Also streaming music can effect and eat into your usage along with internet tethering, so the likes of Facebook, twitter or browsing WP Central shouldn't eat your data that much :) hope this helped, oh and to save your data usage use WiFi where and when you can ;)

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Just use your phone for the month as you desire. At the end of the month you will know. Then you adjust to suit. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz