Can't talk and text at the same time

MS_SURVEYOR

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I post this yesterday. I'll try this a different way.

If I'm talking I can't text or do anything else. I get kicked back to the talk screen. Is this a hardware or software problem?

Thank You!

ms

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Sounds normal to me. Your SMS texting uses the carrier phone link and if your talking on it, the line is busy. I could be wrong.

MS_SURVEYOR

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Sounds normal to me. Your SMS texting uses the carrier phone link and if your talking on it, the line is busy. I could be wrong.

I don't think that's the problem. I was able to do so before on my BB, and I have done so on this phone. Just noticed the problem Friday. I asked several of my coworkers if the could talk and text at the same time. Most didn't know. One on AT&T like me said yes he could if he used the speaker. I use BT. Guess I'll be stopping at AT&T on the way home.

Thanks!

o1legacygt

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Yes, you can. However, I noticed sometimes the call screen unhides itself and then I have to go back to messages to continue typing.

karmamule

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I know I've been able to do that before without a problem. To test it, I placed a call to my work phone, and noticed that if I tried to browse the web or send a text while the call is active, I had to constantly be tapping away to keep it from flipping back to the call screen. I was able to successfully browse web sites and send myself a text message, but if I let the phone sit untouched for even a second or two it would transition back to the phone screen.

I'm not sure if that was true before and I never noticed, or if it is new behavior since some recent update. So, yes I was able to do it, but it was a bit annoying.

MS_SURVEYOR

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Did you guys have the phone on speaker?

I use a Jawbone Era BT. I LOVE BT being I can talk, drive, do cad, text and browse. Up until last Friday! PITA! Oh! My 920 locked up Big Time about mid morning. Not sure, but I'll check the status later. I do know it reset my clock and candler!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon