If your battery keeps heating up, try restarting your phone...

tonyluo2001

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
First thing to say, I haven't got PR1.1. My phone has been working fine with limited issue, no self restart, battery had been working OK after 2 weeks of purchase. But lately, 2 nights had been odd to me. I already posted in another thread but I think it's worth sharing. Please see the below screen shots:

wp_ss_20130105_0001.png

This is one night when the battery dropped from 40% to nothing during FLIGHT MODE. And I was sleeping so did nothing to it. No background apps running.

wp_ss_20130108_0001.png

Here's last night, I played 30 minutes of games (Angry Bird Star Wars) and the battery dropped from 80% to 60%. After I closed it, it continued warm and dropped another 20% while I was doing NOTHING! And after I reboot it, it finally cooled down and even more, regain 2% of juice. Then in flight mode, it just dropped 2% for the whole night.

I'm guessing this might be caused by some apps that was not probably closed and keep running under background, even we can't see it. If anyone notices battery dies fast, maybe restarting it is an option.

Maybe PR1.1 can fix it? I don't know before it's released to next month (hopefully).

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm guessing this might be caused by some apps that was not probably closed and keep running under background, even we can't see it. If anyone notices battery dies fast, maybe restarting it is an option.

Maybe PR1.1 can fix it? I don't know before it's released to next month (hopefully).

This is correct. The WP8 OS is very buggy right now. Sadly restarting does not work for EVERYONE.

Updating to portico has done good for some and for others, made their battery worse. There's no way to tell what's going to happen to your phone. The ball is in your court.

Beacio_mo

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I have the Portico update and still get random hot batteries once a week. I never had that problem before the update, only random reboots. Its frustrating too since I have a new problem where the only tones that work are for SMS and calls. No typing sounds, no lock screen tones, or other notifications.

tonyluo2001

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
So I do hope those MS and Nokia genius could pay more attention and efforts in updating it. It is not ethical to launch a 50% product and let our users hang there 'hoping' for updates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro