Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ttsoldier
  1. tonyluo2001's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    60 Posts
       #1  
    When I try to get a night shot, it's very easy to get the glare like the ones below (from the street lights).

    How to avoid that?

    wp_20130108_001.jpg
  2. ttsoldier's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,238 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,911 Global Posts
    #2  
    Taken from another post..

    Quote Originally Posted by K3n1x View Post
    I think making sure you lens is clean will improve a lot of your pictures. Looking through your pictures I see a lot of flares and long streaks from the light sources.

    Here are examples of dirty lens and clean lens I just took. Both are on auto setting.

    Dirty
    Attachment 26379

    Clean
    Attachment 26380

    You might also want to adjust manually to 200.
    cmayo.org likes this.
  3. fancy0479's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    28 Posts
    #3  
    I got the same problem. I think my lens is clean.
    ISO and EV won't fix this - I've tried multiple combinations.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by fancy0479 View Post
    I got the same problem. I think my lens is clean.
    ISO and EV won't fix this - I've tried multiple combinations.
    Did you physically clean your lens? Could be a thin difficult to see layer. The difference is quite remarkable in the above link by ttsoldier.
    Also, what combinations did you try?
  5. tonyluo2001's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    60 Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ttsoldier View Post
    Taken from another post..




    You might also want to adjust manually to 200.
    Quote Originally Posted by onlineharvest View Post
    Did you physically clean your lens? Could be a thin difficult to see layer. The difference is quite remarkable in the above link by ttsoldier.
    Also, what combinations did you try?
    Thanks for sharing the links and advice, guys. I will try to clean it and test tonight. From the pictures, it does show a significant improvement from those flares.
  6. zokstar's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    172 Posts
    #6  
    are you holding it steady? Using the camera button or touching screen to capture pic?

    try touching screen to capture photo!
  7. sanders2232's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    223 Posts
    #7  
    Also I didn't think this would make a difference but using the flash can help depending on the distance of the shot. Check this shot below, really dark setting one with flash and one without using night setting.

    https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...Gxmjj66jihgios

    https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...DXiFbwH-MgZjBc
  8. fancy0479's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    28 Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by onlineharvest View Post
    Did you physically clean your lens? Could be a thin difficult to see layer. The difference is quite remarkable in the above link by ttsoldier.
    Also, what combinations did you try?
    Yes, if my lens is not clean, I would notice it when shooting other photos.
  9. tonyluo2001's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    60 Posts
       #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by zokstar View Post
    are you holding it steady? Using the camera button or touching screen to capture pic?

    try touching screen to capture photo!
    I think I held it steady, but of course, holding a phone steady is much harder than hold a camera. I personally use a Cannon S95.

    And I always use tap to capture, no flash but auto focus light.
  10. tonyluo2001's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    60 Posts
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by sanders2232 View Post
    Also I didn't think this would make a difference but using the flash can help depending on the distance of the shot. Check this shot below, really dark setting one with flash and one without using night setting.

    https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...Gxmjj66jihgios

    https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...DXiFbwH-MgZjBc
    The one without the glare, is that with flash or no?

    My shots are done with all Auto setting, except no flash. I use the focus assistance light though.
  11. Jaripi's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    617 Posts
    #11  
    Just checked ... without glare is with flash ... and without flash is the worse one ... both ISO 200 ...
  12. sanders2232's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    223 Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyluo2001 View Post
    The one without the glare, is that with flash or no?

    My shots are done with all Auto setting, except no flash. I use the focus assistance light though.
    Ya the better picture is with the flash, it gave less glare.

Similar Threads

  1. how to get apps back
    By tuffluck in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-13-2011, 03:20 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-03-2011, 11:44 PM
  3. How to get rid of a Windows Live account in Settings
    By yeewiz in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-31-2011, 12:29 PM
  4. How to get windows live contact avatars on windows phone
    By tripower in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-18-2010, 09:00 PM

Posting Permissions