Some questions about screen of L920

Mirachen

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys here, I come up with some questions with the L920 about its screen. Previouly I saw a strength test about the screen. A car ran over it, but it was completely intact. But my friends around have destroyed the tough screens just cause of dropping from pocket-height. I wonder if there is/are some unlucky guys like my friends...(am not intention to remind of your sad stuff) Thank you, and how you treated this misfortune

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
The screen is made of glass and can break if dropped onto a hard surface at the wrong (or right depending on how you look at it) angle. The same is true is for all modern phones regardless if they have Gorilla Glass or not. I also know of some people who have dropped their phones and the screen survived so it's just bad luck if the screen cracks after a fall.

Kinalyx

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
As stated above, all phones can crack from any type of drop if it hits just right. I will say that the drop tests and abuse that Cell Phone News, Reviews, and How Tos | PhoneBuff.com puts their stuff thru is pretty harsh, and the lumia 920 faired better than any other phone ive seen. Using the screen as a hammer to put a nail into a block of wood with no damage was amazing.

Shawn

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
The screen is Gorilla Glass. Gorilla Glass is very strong, very hard. Being very hard, it is highly scratch resistant. It's also very strong when it comes to consistent pressure, like slowly applying a lot of weight spread over a wide area.

However, being very hard also means it is brittle. This means it is vulnerable to quick, sharp impacts, especially if they are focused on a small area. So dropping the phone onto concrete from a good height, or striking the screen quickly with sharp/small object is much more likely to damage it than the other situations I described.

Mirachen

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
As stated above, all phones can crack from any type of drop if it hits just right. I will say that the drop tests and abuse that Cell Phone News, Reviews, and How Tos | PhoneBuff.com puts their stuff thru is pretty harsh, and the lumia 920 faired better than any other phone ive seen. Using the screen as a hammer to put a nail into a block of wood with no damage was amazing.
haha, yep i saw that, really amazing. I will get one several months later cause of short of money

Shawn

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12