Hypothesis: When looking at white and black model, they always have the same issues

ffMathy

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys. What I'm about to discuss might not have a lot of relevancy, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

I have 5 people around me who own Lumia 920s including myself, in respectively white and black models. Now, my white model had to be sent in after 2 weeks because of a defective proximity sensor. My other friend's white Lumia had the same problem. Does this occur only on the white model?

Even more strange, 2 of my friends with the black models have experienced battery problems from when they bought the device, and restarting problems as well. They haven't installed many apps, and they don't have Portico. However, all the white models I know of don't have the battery and rebooting issues.

Can anyone confirm this claim?

It might sound strange, but it's a confirmed fact that the different colored models also have different special editions of the firmware.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Mine is black, wife's is white... Mine does not have an issue with the proximity sensor or reboots (reboots seem to be fixed with the latest update). As far as I know, my wife does not have either of those issues either.

Both phones may have the loose battery issue, still not sure if it is actually the battery or just the gyroscope. Not an issue I am too worried about though.

ffMathy

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
The hypothesis could be right looking at the results so far. Could anyone else share their opinions and experiences?

anon(5503495)

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
4- 920 whites: one bricked, 2nd creaking, 3rd the 3 buttons on bottom were very dim and camera button didnt work correctly, and the 4th the battery sucked but I ran my battery down until it completely died and now it's much better. Was very close to getting a 5th

Last edited:

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I have had no problems with my white Lumia 920 AT ALL. It's be PERFECT, which is more than can be said about any of my previous Android phones (well, except the OG Droid, that thing was pretty awesome).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos