Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Can you confirm the hypothesis below?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • My model is black, and still has proximity issues

2 5.88%
  • My model is white, and still has battery/reboot issues

2 5.88%
  • I don't have any issues mentioned in the post at all

24 70.59%
  • My model is black, and I can confirm the battery/reboot issue

7 20.59%
  • My model is white, and I can confirm the proximity sensor issue

2 5.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Hey guys. What I'm about to discuss might not have a lot of relevancy, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

I have 5 people around me who own Lumia 920s including myself, in respectively white and black models. Now, my white model had to be sent in after 2 weeks because of a defective proximity sensor. My other friend's white Lumia had the same problem. Does this occur only on the white model?

Even more strange, 2 of my friends with the black models have experienced battery problems from when they bought the device, and restarting problems as well. They haven't installed many apps, and they don't have Portico. However, all the white models I know of don't have the battery and rebooting issues.

Can anyone confirm this claim?

It might sound strange, but it's a confirmed fact that the different colored models also have different special editions of the firmware.

My white one has never had a single problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolotoy View Post
    My white one has never had a single problem.
    Thanks for replying. Enter that response in the poll. This could be interesting!
    Developer

Global Posts
    4,361 Global Posts
    Mine is black, wife's is white... Mine does not have an issue with the proximity sensor or reboots (reboots seem to be fixed with the latest update). As far as I know, my wife does not have either of those issues either.

Both phones may have the loose battery issue, still not sure if it is actually the battery or just the gyroscope. Not an issue I am too worried about though.
    My Apps: PIP (WP8 - Compass / Flashlight), Beer Knurd (WP7/8)
    Meme 8 Ball (WP8), UnClocked (WP8.1 - Themed Live Tile Clock)

Quote Originally Posted by ffMathy View Post
    It's a confirmed fact that the different colored models also have different special editions of the firmware.
    Unrelated to post, but could you elaborate? I was unaware of this and am curious.
    Krys Morgenweck
    Writer - Windows Phone Central
    Email - k.morgenweck@live.com
    Twitter - @krystea

"I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'"

Global Posts
    2,906 Global Posts
    Black model from Rogers.

Battery issues.

Quote Originally Posted by krystea View Post
    Unrelated to post, but could you elaborate? I was unaware of this and am curious.
    Yes they have, but just because of tiles, which are same color as the phone.

The hypothesis could be right looking at the results so far. Could anyone else share their opinions and experiences?

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    4- 920 whites: one bricked, 2nd creaking, 3rd the 3 buttons on bottom were very dim and camera button didnt work correctly, and the 4th the battery sucked but I ran my battery down until it completely died and now it's much better. Was very close to getting a 5th
    Last edited by vinnyvin; 01-09-2013 at 05:30 PM.

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    I have had no problems with my white Lumia 920 AT ALL. It's be PERFECT, which is more than can be said about any of my previous Android phones (well, except the OG Droid, that thing was pretty awesome).

My hypothesis was wrong apparently. Thanks for contributing to the poll though!