Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

So my lumia 920 has been acting weird lately....

It goes like this: after some extensive use(surfing the web, gaming etc.), I usually turn off all the connections to give it a good rest. After 30 minutes or so when I check the battery(which is something I do almost compulsively), BOOM, battery doesn't drop, instead, it goes up a bit.

Usually it is a mere 2 or 3 %, though today I got an all-time high of 5%(from 67%to72%), which I think, is significant enough to consider it a real problem. I use battery info to monitor usage, and since I disabled its background task function, the battery displayed on the live tile will remain as the last time it is checked, so I am definitely not seeing things.

Of course I do not believe the battery charges itself, I think it just shows wp8 is unstable/reliable in monitoring battery.

Do you guys have the same thing on your 920 or any other device?
    Last edited by Ka Kit U; 01-08-2013 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Typo

Global Posts
    2,912 Global Posts
    Yes. Very unstable.

Mine once said 100% after 3 hours. Rebooted the phone and the bar was back down to 33%

Global Posts
    1,063 Global Posts
    As far as I've been able to tell WP8 isn't very accurate at reading the battery state. I'm sure I read somewhere that an upcoming update is supposed to improve the way WP8 monitors the battery and should report more accurate results. Also, these battery monitoring apps are just copying what WP8 reports so they will be just as inaccurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ka Kit U View Post
    So my lumia 920 has been acting weird lately....

It goes like this: after some extensive use(surfing the web, gaming etc.), I usually turn off all the connections to give it a good rest. After 30 minutes or so when I check the battery(which is something I do almost compulsively), BOOM, battery doesn't drop, instead, it goes up a bit.

Usually it is a mere 2 or 3 %, though today I got an all-time high of 5%(from 67%to72%), which I think, is significant enough to consider it a real problem. I use battery info to monitor usage, and since I disabled its background task function, the battery displayed on the live tile will remind as the last time it is checked, so I am definitely not seeing things.

Of course I do not believe the battery charges itself, I think it just shows wp8 is unstable/reliable in monitoring battery.

Do you gays have the same thing on your 920 or any other device?
    Your comment is unstable. Percentage is estimate, and it is calculated value, and It is the best estimate in current time. If conditions change, high current -> low current, battery voltage might come slightly up, therefore estimate is different. Basic stuff actually. Read more about algorithm: http://eda.ee.ucla.edu/pub/C139.pdf