Lumia 920 speaker crackling randomly on notification sounds

Doraso

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi!

Could you guys help me test one thing. Could you please choose sms tone with the name notification 6 and crank up the volume to about 25-30 and play it a couple of times and see if your speaker also crackles a bit when playing it. Having this as my sms tone and some times it crackles and sounds really bad. Want to see if it affects all Lumia 920 phones or just mine.

Last edited:

Doraso

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia 920 speaker crackling on some ringtones

Update! It happens when using headphones to, You think its a software bug?

Last edited:

Doraso

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia 920 speaker crackling on some ringtones

It seems to happen regardless of volume and on all notification sounds. Any friendly soul who can help me test? Want to know if I should rma the phone.

Last edited:

U_SAF

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
try soft reset.. press down vol and power togeather till it vibrate..and than check..if you still have the same problem..

by the way..what do u mean by crackling.. like stuttering sound.... I had it with my Nokia Tune and someone in Nokia Store told me for soft reset and now it's fine.

i will perform test right now on my Lumia 920 will put an update

U_SAF

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
yes, if you are talking about tone "alert 6" it does give a crackling sound but if I play it for 10 times, I get crackling sound 3-4 times or 5 let's say. I am using high quality Bose MIE2 headphone I can hear it clearly.. but it doesn't happen with Music or any other tone.

Doraso

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
try soft reset.. press down vol and power togeather till it vibrate..and than check..if you still have the same problem..

by the way..what do u mean by crackling.. like stuttering sound.... I had it with my Nokia Tune and someone in Nokia Store told me for soft reset and now it's fine.

i will perform test right now on my Lumia 920 will put an update

Hi and thx!

In my case it seems to be only the notification sounds. Noticed it when I got an sms. It is in the beginning of the sound that it sounds bad and not everytime, just randomly. You can try to play notification 6 sound a couple of times and see if you hear it.

Last edited:

Doraso

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
yes, if you are talking about tone "alert 6" it does give a crackling sound but if I play it for 10 times, I get crackling sound 3-4 times or 5 let's say. I am using high quality Bose MIE2 headphone I can hear it clearly.. but it doesn't happen with Music or any other tone.

Yes thats it. Then I guess its a software bug or perhaps "normal" on Lumia 920. It is only on notification sounds for my to, not music or such. Hear it both in speaker and headphones. I can hear it on all notification sounds but its most obvious with alert 6.

Thx.

Last edited:

U_SAF

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Best of Luck to both of us and everyone having this issue, just hope that MS fix it in the next update.

Doraso

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Best of Luck to both of us and everyone having this issue, just hope that MS fix it in the next update.

I noticed I have this issue sometimes when watching youtube videos aswell, the sound stutters sometimes and speaker makes crackling noises, this is both when using headphones and speakers, so it must be software related right?

Last edited:

AllenO1018

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I think I have an idea of what's going on here:
What happens with my phone is that it makes a sort of popping sound when it first plays a sound, but with no other distortions during playback (ringtone, music, video, etc.). I think this is because the power source to the speakers / headphone jack is cutoff until a sound is played.
I find this annoying as well, but it may help preserve power and leave out white noise over headphones while no audio is played. My Kindle Fire also does this.

9520G

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Same here and Im the guy that said I had no issues with my 920. mine does this when i pull up the lockscreen.

davestewart68

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 820 and Bose MIE2 compatibility? Can you confirm if the headset controls are fully functional? Volume, skip/repeat/repeat tracks, plus hold for voice dialling, and take/ end calls?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro