Sound Problems with the 920

Nirodrit534

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I've been having the problem lately of my 920's volume decreasing to very very low and if I try to adjust the volume nothing will happen. It's happened a few times recently, the only way to fix it, from what I see, is turning the phone off and back on. I can adjust the volume, but whatever level it's on it's the same until I restart it.

Anyone of you having the same problem?

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
No, I haven't had that problem.

Is the volume number actually going lower, i.e. 5/30 and then the volume button won't let you turn it back up to 30/30?

Or does the number go up but the volume stays low. i.e. you turn it up to 30/30 but it's still not loud?

chris6mafia

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm experiencing the same issue. It happens when I play music through Bluetooth while on WiFi. Hopefully, MS will fix this in the next update. It's getting really annoying..

CamiKitti

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Same problem here. I hate having to soft reset the phone for the volume to work again for a bit.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

victorfcgg

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi socialcarpet, I have the first type of problem you expose. I can turned low the volume, but its impossible to turn it back up... I've done a factory reset and it worked once but not twice... it resets the volume to 15/30, a bit to low for me to listen to music...

I would really appreciate any tip on how to fix this

Abhishekpandey

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I am also facing the same issue with my lumia 920.
It happens when i try to make any bluetooth connection or plug and unplug my handsfree couple of times.
Interestingly what also happens is that i get full sound with videos but music files output are like 0.5/30 volume scale.
I'm pretty sure MS knows about this and will fix it in upcoming update.

jdriscoll636

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
So there is an audio problem. I thought I was just loosing my mind. I've noticed a few time were I thought I had no audio. The first time being were the alarm did not wake me up.

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I ran into the issue for the first time today. It only seemed to affect music, and it was the same through the headphones and the phone speaker. Games and phone sounds were loud. I never had the issue before, so it has to be related to one of the updates we have gotten. I do not think it was related to the main OS update, as I never had it before today. I powered the phone off and on and my volume came back. It definitely is not hardware related. I am sure it will get fixed in a future update.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans