Marketplace Updates not appearing - Nokia/920 specific?

SofaTester

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I know a lot of you, including me, and even read some from people on 900's, have had the problem with app updates not being pushed to the phone.

Me personally, I've seen app updates as many as 4 days old not pushed to show as Update Available, on the tile or in the marketplace, having to specifically go to the App's page in the store and then hit update.

Well, the other day, I was playing with my friends 8X, and low and behold I see 3 updates on his live tile, open the marketplace and view 1 of them, it had came out that day.

So I ask, does anyone know more about this? It seems to be a Nokia issue and not a Windows Phone issue after all.

Stephen Vogel

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
The last update I got was for Adobe, nothing on the live tile but there was a notification when I opened Marketplace. That was a couple of days ago now. I have an 800 so maybe a Nokia thing?

SofaTester

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Idk, I get updates pretty quickly.

Lucky you, I can't even remember the last time my tile or store showed an update was available, was probably within the first 2 weeks of ownership and I preordered.

Never, I mean never, get updates without going to the app page manually.

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I seem to be getting update notifications every several days, so it is working fine for me. Before the OS update, I would only get them when off wifi. With the OS update, since I leave WiFi on when the screen times out, I seem to be getting update notifictions much more often.

DAIMONDY

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
The only time i get an update is via wpcentral app. I see something i have that's been reported to have an update and i go to the download section. Don't know why its not doing it for me?

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Waiting on my 920 should be here tomorrow (after being driven right by me going from OKC to LRK on I 40 and back here tomorr0w) my 900 gave me 4 updates yesterday morning and three last night and I manually pulled the update for WPC!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720