This is driving me crazy because I don't understand why its happening.
    Sometimes, when I view the lock screen by pressing the power button (from normal locked state) after a second I get a notification type noise. It sounds like a tuneful tap dripping.
    I have no pending notifications like emails or messages.
    I haven't been able to track this down to anything in settings or an application (I don't think its the weather app, I'm sure it happened when I had a picture background)
    Can anyone shed any light on this?
    Cheers
    01-09-2013 09:04 AM
    You aren't the only one. My 920 will do the same thing couple of times a week. Driving me nuts looking for a notification somewhere. I've checked all my apps and haven't turned up anything. Do you have Weave installed? I noticed it starting about the same time I installed.
    01-09-2013 09:11 AM
    No, I don't have that installed. I can't remember what I'd installed just before I noticed it happening.
    01-09-2013 09:16 AM
    I may have had an idea. I noticed it happens when the phone is on top on the wallet. I'm wonder whether the rfid is trying to talk to the magnetic strip in my creddit cards?
    01-09-2013 11:23 AM
    Could be. Now that you mention it. I am close to my BB Gateway when I hear beep. Ill have to pay closer attention to nfc notification next time to see if it is the same. But I have NFC off. Can NFC be turned on if in range of RFID? I don't know much about NFC specs and operation.
    01-09-2013 11:34 AM
    Hi, for me it is NFC, I have an RFID chip in a couple of credit cards and I can replicate it consistently if I put the card to the back of the phone. I also had tap&send switched on. Turning that off stops the notifications. hope this helps someone from going as mad as I thought I was!
    01-10-2013 03:39 AM
    Hi, for me it is NFC, I have an RFID chip in a couple of credit cards and I can replicate it consistently if I put the card to the back of the phone. I also had tap&send switched on. Turning that off stops the notifications. hope this helps someone from going as mad as I thought I was!
    check this out
    Ghosting Notification found the reason
    01-10-2013 09:14 AM
    For me I noticed this too.

But I think it was just a sound being made when the phone unlocks. Try lowering the volume to 0 and see if you still hear it.
    01-10-2013 09:47 AM
    I've done some testing and its definitely the nfc. Its not just an unlock sounds (thats a single beep for me) because I have press the power button but I'd still get the sounds before I slide up to unlock the keypad
    01-10-2013 09:53 AM