Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 325 of 1111
Like Tree176Likes
  1.    #301  
    Alright , i wanna address some issues regarding Music Player first, as we all know half knowledge is harmful.
    First and formost TIP, please please please , try to use Help+How to app, and My Nokia app or read user manual before commenting negative. It is normal tendency to skip reading User manual, and Readme files whenever we encounter them, but they are always a lot helpful.
    Now coming to the point ,
    I wanna tell u guys that our best phone do not lack such basic features, it does have FF and Rev and even better than any other player i hv ever seen. Its just u dindnt found it. Did u tried longpressing next and prev buttons? ;) ooooooo tricky right?
    Not only u can FF and Rev by long tapping Next and Prev. Buttons in Xbox Music and Nokia Music, u can do this on any screen, just press Voume rocker, and buttons will popup, and on lock screen too! Nice na. But anyways, i agree that a seek button should be there.
    Now some other info u must be listning from wp haters around.
    1. U cant deleate any song! - this statement is partially true and partially wrong. I know we all use Nokia Music more than default music player, and if u try deleting in that app, u will be disappointed. But this doesent mean u cant delete any song from library. Go to xbox player/music+videos, chose what u wanna delete(song,album,playlist,artist, anything), longpress it, and wola, there u r. Remember guys, if u do not find something, longpress may be the trick.
    2 u cant make playlist in phone itself, - will address it in next post.
    Thank, like if u find it helpful , :)
    Few days ago, i tried Nokia Lumia 920 and 820 and wrote my full experience on my blog, do take a look.
    About L820- Part 1
    About L920- Part 2
    About Windows Phone 8- Part 3 <----MUST READ
    please enrich my blog with your valuable comments,,,,,,,,,,
    My FB page- http://Facebook.com/NextLumia
  2. nishant786's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    48 Posts
    #302  
    Quote Originally Posted by iamSherlocked View Post
    Alright , i wanna address some issues regarding Music Player first, as we all know half knowledge is harmful.
    First and formost TIP, please please please , try to use Help+How to app, and My Nokia app or read user manual before commenting negative. It is normal tendency to skip reading User manual, and Readme files whenever we encounter them, but they are always a lot helpful.
    Now coming to the point ,
    I wanna tell u guys that our best phone do not lack such basic features, it does have FF and Rev and even better than any other player i hv ever seen. Its just u dindnt found it. Did u tried longpressing next and prev buttons? ;) ooooooo tricky right?
    Not only u can FF and Rev by long tapping Next and Prev. Buttons in Xbox Music and Nokia Music, u can do this on any screen, just press Voume rocker, and buttons will popup, and on lock screen too! Nice na. But anyways, i agree that a seek button should be there.
    Now some other info u must be listning from wp haters around.
    1. U cant deleate any song! - this statement is partially true and partially wrong. I know we all use Nokia Music more than default music player, and if u try deleting in that app, u will be disappointed. But this doesent mean u cant delete any song from library. Go to xbox player/music+videos, chose what u wanna delete(song,album,playlist,artist, anything), longpress it, and wola, there u r. Remember guys, if u do not find something, longpress may be the trick.
    2 u cant make playlist in phone itself, - will address it in next post.
    Thank, like if u find it helpful , :)
    Hey. I was talking about seek (FF and REV is seek) what you are talking about is skipping and yes that's great. Seek however is not implemented in the music as well as video and streaming players. This is a very irritating issue which is an easy solve but don't know why Microsoft's been dragging its feet on it for more than 2 years.
  3. sumitdomyan's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #303  
    Thanks iamSherlocked, your posts are very helpful. I've few queries:

    What is the best way of organizing playlists? Can I manually create playlists from my computer on WP8? I would like to create playlists for each year and then add selected song to it. I don't want sync.

    Email: If I read an email from WP8 and open my email on desktop after 5 minutes it still shows it as unread. How long does it take to sync with server? Is there a way I can see when was my WP8 mailbox synced last time?

    Microsoft's Facebook: When I go details of a post and use back button to come back to News Feed, most of the time it refreshes the screen again and scroll up to the top. Is the anything I'm doing wrong?
    Thanked by:
  4.    #304  
    2. U cant make playlist in ur phone itself, u need ONLY AND ONLY ZUNE- again this statement is partially wrong. While wp do not have easy way of making playlist (like we see in other phones 'add new playlist' and selecting songs for it) this doesent mean u cant create playlist in phone at all, its a bit tricky, and COULD ONLY BE DONE IN XBOX MUSIC/MUSIC+VIDEOS.
    Here are the steps-
    #first play first song u wanna add in playlist.
    #longtap the song, album, artist, genr u wanna add in playlist.
    #you will find an option called "add to Now Playing", tap it, and it will be added in now playing playlist.
    #press beck till u r on home of XMusic/M+V, if u r not on history page, slide to right/left of screen to skip to 'history', u will find a tile in which current song is shown along with clock on top, thats now playing tile. Tap it.
    #tap '...' at bottom of screen, you will find option, 'save as playlist', tap it, give a catchy name and u r done. You will see it in playlist section of player. U can also pin it on start. Easy na, this is our windows phone :)
    Tank, like it if u find it helpful.
    Few days ago, i tried Nokia Lumia 920 and 820 and wrote my full experience on my blog, do take a look.
    About L820- Part 1
    About L920- Part 2
    About Windows Phone 8- Part 3 <----MUST READ
    please enrich my blog with your valuable comments,,,,,,,,,,
    My FB page- http://Facebook.com/NextLumia
  5.    #305  
    Quote Originally Posted by nishant786 View Post
    Hey. I was talking about seek (FF and REV is seek) what you are talking about is skipping and yes that's great. Seek however is not implemented in the music as well as video and streaming players. This is a very irritating issue which is an easy solve but don't know why Microsoft's been dragging its feet on it for more than 2 years.
    sorry , i still dont understand what u wanna mean by seek?
    What i know about seek is its skipping on a track to a specific time, am i wrong?
    Few days ago, i tried Nokia Lumia 920 and 820 and wrote my full experience on my blog, do take a look.
    About L820- Part 1
    About L920- Part 2
    About Windows Phone 8- Part 3 <----MUST READ
    please enrich my blog with your valuable comments,,,,,,,,,,
    My FB page- http://Facebook.com/NextLumia
  6. nishant786's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    48 Posts
    #306  
    Yes that's right. A slider that lets you goto any point in the song/video.
  7.    #307  
    Quote Originally Posted by sumitdomyan View Post
    Thanks iamSherlocked, your posts are very helpful. I've few queries:

    What is the best way of organizing playlists? Can I manually create playlists from my computer on WP8? I would like to create playlists for each year and then add selected song to it. I don't want sync.

    Email: If I read an email from WP8 and open my email on desktop after 5 minutes it still shows it as unread. How long does it take to sync with server? Is there a way I can see when was my WP8 mailbox synced last time?

    Microsoft's Facebook: When I go details of a post and use back button to come back to News Feed, most of the time it refreshes the screen again and scroll up to the top. Is the anything I'm doing wrong?
    Sorry, i haven't used w8 yet. But as now i hv told in my post how to make playlist in phone, so now u can transfer song to ur phone and make playlist in phone. No need of sync.
    There is a perfect timing when phone syncs ur account,like 'as item arrive', 15,30,60 min and manual. U can set of ur choice. If u set as item arrive, it will syn more in a period of time and ur account will be always updated and u will see read mails similar everywhere, while in time say 15 min, it will sync after 15min, so u will not see read mails as read everywhere until phone sync next time.
    You can press sync button manually to sync ur account at that moment. While 'as it arrive' will sync automatically, it will smug up ur bettery and data.
    I preffer manual, as it do not disturb, and i can see mail when i want, while hourly is better option if u do not want to miss imp email and at same time, do not want to loose battery and data. :)

    Dont know about this if they had changed it in wp8, but its sure it never happened to me in my wp7.8. When i press back, it do not even refresh, and remains at same post which i tapped before..
    Few days ago, i tried Nokia Lumia 920 and 820 and wrote my full experience on my blog, do take a look.
    About L820- Part 1
    About L920- Part 2
    About Windows Phone 8- Part 3 <----MUST READ
    please enrich my blog with your valuable comments,,,,,,,,,,
    My FB page- http://Facebook.com/NextLumia
    ajin1989 likes this.
  8.    #308  
    Quote Originally Posted by nishant786 View Post
    Yes that's right. A slider that lets you goto any point in the song/video.
    and thats what i said, it do lacks slider but u can skip to desired place by LONGpressing Next/Prev. Buttons. And i found this better than seek bar coz sometimes its hard to skip to exact time, but longpressing gives better control.
    Hope case solved now..... :)
    Few days ago, i tried Nokia Lumia 920 and 820 and wrote my full experience on my blog, do take a look.
    About L820- Part 1
    About L920- Part 2
    About Windows Phone 8- Part 3 <----MUST READ
    please enrich my blog with your valuable comments,,,,,,,,,,
    My FB page- http://Facebook.com/NextLumia
    Thanked by:
  9. lordashley's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    16 Posts
    #309  
    ok guys i called NPD BTM, and they informed me the yellow phone is coming tomorrow and not today. I'm confused. Anyone else got the same reply from them. Now they are saying collect the phone on thursday.
  10. nishant786's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    48 Posts
    #310  
    Quote Originally Posted by iamSherlocked View Post
    and thats what i said, it do lacks slider but u can skip to desired place by LONGpressing Next/Prev. Buttons. And i found this better than seek bar coz sometimes its hard to skip to exact time, but longpressing gives better control.
    Hope case solved now..... :)
    Thanks Sherlocked. I have been using all 3 OSes for years now but still get stumped sometimes. If you don't mind here are a few more queries. You do seem to have a good grasp of this wonderful OS so here goes :


    Also whats the best Twitter and Pocket clients in your opinion?

    And have you found a way to install apps from other countries?
    Last edited by nishant786; 01-15-2013 at 06:32 AM.
    Thanked by:
  11. #311  
    Quote Originally Posted by lordashley View Post
    ok guys i called NPD BTM, and they informed me the yellow phone is coming tomorrow and not today. I'm confused. Anyone else got the same reply from them. Now they are saying collect the phone on thursday.
    Yeah, the NPD from whom I've ooked also said the Yellow Lumia is coming tomorrow. But i will get it tomorrow itself !
    Thanked by:
  12. LazySunday's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    129 Posts
    #312  
    What nishant pointed out is true...not having slider in audio player is annoying at times. Yes we can live with it...but very much recommended feature.
  13. HeyCori's Avatar
    Mod Emeritus

    Posts
    5,252 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,277 Global Posts
    #313  
    Cleaned the last couple of pages. Let's try to keep the discussion civil. Thanks. :)
  14.    #314  
    Quote Originally Posted by nishant786 View Post
    Thanks Sherlocked. I have been using all 3 OSes for years now but still get stumped sometimes. If you don't mind here are a few more queries. You do seem to have a good grasp of this wonderful OS so here goes :For Gmail what are your settings? I mean IMAP syncing doesn't seem to work perfectly. If i read or delete a mail on the phone it takes ages to mirror it on my other phones and Gmail. To my knowledge even though WP doesn't support CardAV it does support IMAP. So whats the problem?Also whats the best Twitter and Pocket clients in your opinion?And have you found a way to install apps from other countries?
    it was a jet over my head, but anyways, want to tell u something. I also use gmail, and i used no other settings. I just tap add other accont and gmail, thats it and works perfectly. But i know what the problem is. U hv kept sync setting to a specific time, which means when u read a mail, it marks readed in ur phone but will apear on other place once it sync. So whenever u left gmail after checking mails, tap sync so it becomes equal everywhere. And if this is wrong, then its another problem. Actually google stoped calander, contact sync from other phones, and u must be using them. Go and uncheck them in settings. Only keep Email as 'what to sync'. I am sure, this will work.I do not use twitter/fb appr as i feel mobile version of website is a lot better, atleast in my 610 with low ram :p but what i saw is, rovi is best twitter client, and if not, original twitter app is always advised. What is Pocket? That android app which saves posts for offline reading? I dont know if its available in wp.To install apps from other countries, hard reset ur phone, set country as your wish, make new live account with that country as ur country. And then i guess marketplace will be of that country. Its just a guess and i didnt tried it and m not 100% sure coz firmware vr. Has big role in this.BTW, u can install other countries firmware os in ur phone, that works for sure. Case Solved...
  15.    #315  
    Quote Originally Posted by Figure 8 Dash View Post
    Cleaned the last couple of pages. Let's try to keep the discussion civil. Thanks. :)
    wow, thanx, btw, are u liking our thread?
    Few days ago, i tried Nokia Lumia 920 and 820 and wrote my full experience on my blog, do take a look.
    About L820- Part 1
    About L920- Part 2
    About Windows Phone 8- Part 3 <----MUST READ
    please enrich my blog with your valuable comments,,,,,,,,,,
    My FB page- http://Facebook.com/NextLumia
  16.    #316  
    Quote Originally Posted by LazySunday View Post
    What nishant pointed out is true...not having slider in audio player is annoying at times. Yes we can live with it...but very much recommended feature.
    dude, i just addressed its solution. Instead of slider, thex hv given longpressing feature to skip to desired time. Case Solved.
    Few days ago, i tried Nokia Lumia 920 and 820 and wrote my full experience on my blog, do take a look.
    About L820- Part 1
    About L920- Part 2
    About Windows Phone 8- Part 3 <----MUST READ
    please enrich my blog with your valuable comments,,,,,,,,,,
    My FB page- http://Facebook.com/NextLumia
  17.    #317  
    Something about multitasking.
    Yes i agree that there should be a feature to close an app from task menu. This feature is really needed and being an ex symbian, i am highly disappointed.
    But, except this, there is no problem in multitasking. Let me tell u some pros.
    Unlike multitasking in other OS, it keeps running apps in background but not run them in background keeping ram free and giving u full space to do your work. It pause the app and closes it, and next time u run it, it resumes. While other os support background running of apps and it drains battery and data, and some apps gives annoying ad notifications (like in android).
    Few days ago, i tried Nokia Lumia 920 and 820 and wrote my full experience on my blog, do take a look.
    About L820- Part 1
    About L920- Part 2
    About Windows Phone 8- Part 3 <----MUST READ
    please enrich my blog with your valuable comments,,,,,,,,,,
    My FB page- http://Facebook.com/NextLumia
  18. HeyCori's Avatar
    Mod Emeritus

    Posts
    5,252 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,277 Global Posts
    #318  
    Quote Originally Posted by iamSherlocked View Post
    wow, thanx, btw, are u liking our thread?
    Good conversation so far. A lot of interesting points are being brought up. :)
    Thanked by:
    iamSherlocked likes this.
  19. LazySunday's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    129 Posts
    #319  
    Quote Originally Posted by iamSherlocked View Post
    dude, i just addressed its solution. Instead of slider, thex hv given longpressing feature to skip to desired time. Case Solved.
    I know that we can long press to ff or rev...but I,d prefer slider as it is more intuitive and easy to control as a personal choice...
    Thanked by:
  20. Elton Jothi's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    146 Posts
    #320  
    Quote Originally Posted by nishant786 View Post
    Elton. With battery you can try switching off NFC and try quitting Nokia drive when you aren't using it. If that doesn't work check to see how many apps are running in the back ground from settings. Also one of the major culprits is Skype I think.

    You can read more here : Advice for customers reporting higher than expecte... - Nokia Support Discussions
    i have done all,
    after a soft reset, its giving better performance now
    also 2G/3g hogs the battery a lot... even wifi doesnt
    Thanked by:
  21. Sameer Dhere's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    65 Posts
    #321  
    Quote Originally Posted by XENOPHOS View Post
    Anyone picked an 820?

    Sent from my DROID RaZr.
    Yes.
  22.    #322  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elton Jothi View Post
    i have done all,
    after a soft reset, its giving better performance now
    also 2G/3g hogs the battery a lot... even wifi doesnt
    tip, just a chklist if u missed something.
    #use dark theme
    #wifi off (if not using)
    #bluetooth off
    #Internet sharing off
    #All email accounts on manual sync
    #screen time out 1min
    #Battery saver should turn on when battery low.
    #brightness should not be automatic and be at low.
    #find my phone- unchk connect easily.
    #if u r using a body cover for your phone, remove it and chk battery performNce. Sometimes they cover antenna area (bottom prt of your phone) which blocks signal and consumes battery.
    #do not cover antenna part while holding your phone.
    #if u live in an are where signal strength fluctuates between HSPA & HSDPA (ie 3G and H shown on top of phone screen) OR HSPA & EDGE (H & E), its more prominent your battery will drain fast.
    #Dont charge phone irregular. Fix a period (like in morning and evening) to charge your phone. And its always better to charge from socket directly instead via Laptop, it not only make your phone charge up faster, but increase battery life of phone and specially of your laptop.
    Few days ago, i tried Nokia Lumia 920 and 820 and wrote my full experience on my blog, do take a look.
    About L820- Part 1
    About L920- Part 2
    About Windows Phone 8- Part 3 <----MUST READ
    please enrich my blog with your valuable comments,,,,,,,,,,
    My FB page- http://Facebook.com/NextLumia
  23. DarthVeda's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #323  
    To add what he said, don't use 3G unless you are downloading something. 3G is a battery hog.
    You can leave WiFi ON, it does not consume that much battery and using WiFi doesn't use GPRS/EDGE or 3G and with faster download of data, it might lessen the burden on your battery.
  24. CaptDjob's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    162 Posts
    #324  
    Also could try turn location services off to see if that has impact.
  25.    #325  
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptDjob View Post
    Also could try turn location services off to see if that has impact.
    no, it doesn't effect at all. Its only a key to use location, nothing else. When location is used, u will see a indicator on top, if its there, that means its on and of course using battery
    Few days ago, i tried Nokia Lumia 920 and 820 and wrote my full experience on my blog, do take a look.
    About L820- Part 1
    About L920- Part 2
    About Windows Phone 8- Part 3 <----MUST READ
    please enrich my blog with your valuable comments,,,,,,,,,,
    My FB page- http://Facebook.com/NextLumia

Similar Threads

  1. Lumua 920 indian user feedback
    By yajur in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-06-2013, 07:09 PM
  2. With Windows Phone 8 round the corner...WPcentral's makeover?
    By X0LARIUM in forum The "Off Topic" Lounge
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-31-2012, 01:57 AM
  3. Nokia Purity WH-920 In-Ear Headphones (Cyan) Unboxing/Mini-review
    By thepickupbear in forum Windows Phone Accessories
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-31-2012, 02:54 PM
  4. Indian TV show specifies some cons for WP OS & Lumia 800
    By Mahesha999 in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 01-03-2012, 10:45 AM
  5. "Thing" in top right corner of phone
    By DDM in forum LG Optimus 7
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-24-2011, 10:14 AM

Posting Permissions