- 01-15-2013, 06:08 AM #301
01-15-2013, 06:14 AM #302
- 4 Posts
Thanks iamSherlocked, your posts are very helpful. I've few queries:
What is the best way of organizing playlists? Can I manually create playlists from my computer on WP8? I would like to create playlists for each year and then add selected song to it. I don't want sync.
Email: If I read an email from WP8 and open my email on desktop after 5 minutes it still shows it as unread. How long does it take to sync with server? Is there a way I can see when was my WP8 mailbox synced last time?
Microsoft's Facebook: When I go details of a post and use back button to come back to News Feed, most of the time it refreshes the screen again and scroll up to the top. Is the anything I'm doing wrong?
- 01-15-2013, 06:18 AM #303
2. U cant make playlist in ur phone itself, u need ONLY AND ONLY ZUNE- again this statement is partially wrong. While wp do not have easy way of making playlist (like we see in other phones 'add new playlist' and selecting songs for it) this doesent mean u cant create playlist in phone at all, its a bit tricky, and COULD ONLY BE DONE IN XBOX MUSIC/MUSIC+VIDEOS.
Here are the steps-
#first play first song u wanna add in playlist.
#longtap the song, album, artist, genr u wanna add in playlist.
#you will find an option called "add to Now Playing", tap it, and it will be added in now playing playlist.
#press beck till u r on home of XMusic/M+V, if u r not on history page, slide to right/left of screen to skip to 'history', u will find a tile in which current song is shown along with clock on top, thats now playing tile. Tap it.
#tap '...' at bottom of screen, you will find option, 'save as playlist', tap it, give a catchy name and u r done. You will see it in playlist section of player. U can also pin it on start. Easy na, this is our windows phone :)
Tank, like it if u find it helpful.
- 01-15-2013, 06:24 AM #304
- 01-15-2013, 06:43 AM #306
There is a perfect timing when phone syncs ur account,like 'as item arrive', 15,30,60 min and manual. U can set of ur choice. If u set as item arrive, it will syn more in a period of time and ur account will be always updated and u will see read mails similar everywhere, while in time say 15 min, it will sync after 15min, so u will not see read mails as read everywhere until phone sync next time.
You can press sync button manually to sync ur account at that moment. While 'as it arrive' will sync automatically, it will smug up ur bettery and data.
I preffer manual, as it do not disturb, and i can see mail when i want, while hourly is better option if u do not want to miss imp email and at same time, do not want to loose battery and data. :)
Dont know about this if they had changed it in wp8, but its sure it never happened to me in my wp7.8. When i press back, it do not even refresh, and remains at same post which i tapped before..
- 01-15-2013, 06:55 AM #307
- 01-15-2013, 07:15 AM #309
Also whats the best Twitter and Pocket clients in your opinion?
And have you found a way to install apps from other countries?
Last edited by nishant786; 01-15-2013 at 07:32 AM.
- 01-15-2013, 07:43 AM #313
- 01-15-2013, 07:46 AM #314
- 01-15-2013, 07:52 AM #315
- 01-15-2013, 08:04 AM #316
Something about multitasking.
Yes i agree that there should be a feature to close an app from task menu. This feature is really needed and being an ex symbian, i am highly disappointed.
But, except this, there is no problem in multitasking. Let me tell u some pros.
Unlike multitasking in other OS, it keeps running apps in background but not run them in background keeping ram free and giving u full space to do your work. It pause the app and closes it, and next time u run it, it resumes. While other os support background running of apps and it drains battery and data, and some apps gives annoying ad notifications (like in android).
- 01-15-2013, 12:06 PM #321
#use dark theme
#wifi off (if not using)
#Internet sharing off
#All email accounts on manual sync
#screen time out 1min
#Battery saver should turn on when battery low.
#brightness should not be automatic and be at low.
#find my phone- unchk connect easily.
#if u r using a body cover for your phone, remove it and chk battery performNce. Sometimes they cover antenna area (bottom prt of your phone) which blocks signal and consumes battery.
#do not cover antenna part while holding your phone.
#if u live in an are where signal strength fluctuates between HSPA & HSDPA (ie 3G and H shown on top of phone screen) OR HSPA & EDGE (H & E), its more prominent your battery will drain fast.
#Dont charge phone irregular. Fix a period (like in morning and evening) to charge your phone. And its always better to charge from socket directly instead via Laptop, it not only make your phone charge up faster, but increase battery life of phone and specially of your laptop.
- 01-15-2013, 12:32 PM #322
To add what he said, don't use 3G unless you are downloading something. 3G is a battery hog.
You can leave WiFi ON, it does not consume that much battery and using WiFi doesn't use GPRS/EDGE or 3G and with faster download of data, it might lessen the burden on your battery.
- 01-15-2013, 12:46 PM #324
- By yajur in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 13Last Post: 01-06-2013, 08:09 PM
- By X0LARIUM in forum The "Off Topic" LoungeReplies: 16Last Post: 08-31-2012, 02:57 AM
- By thepickupbear in forum Windows Phone AccessoriesReplies: 5Last Post: 03-31-2012, 03:54 PM
- By Mahesha999 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 43Last Post: 01-03-2012, 11:45 AM
- By DDM in forum LG Optimus 7Replies: 9Last Post: 05-24-2011, 11:14 AM