Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Like Tree176Likes
    So I read in some other thread that even when the phone is connected to WIFI, it still uses data connection unless the data is turned off.
    Can any one confirm this?
    Also, shouldn't the phone by default use wifi instead of 3g?
    Quote Originally Posted by Elton Jothi View Post
    speed test arrives at wp8
    Attachment 26871
    Nice speed you're getting.

I need help with sumin....how do u save contacts like phone numbers and names only...evertime i try to make a call it leads me to the people hub which is filled with all the facebook list and twitter list...how do i separate the contacts with the people hub?

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Crasto View Post
    I need help with sumin....how do u save contacts like phone numbers and names only...evertime i try to make a call it leads me to the people hub which is filled with all the facebook list and twitter list...how do i separate the contacts with the people hub?
    go to setting->applications->people->filter my contact list and de-select facebook and twitter.
    atleast thats how u do it in wp7

man that sucks =/

I got my white 920 in Nagpur for 36k. Nice phone. Only issue is unable to open websites ending with port numbers like http://mail.xxxxxx.com:8999 or 3000
    Hello guys, I've been a silent spectator of this thread and website all this while.
    My time has come though, I'm getting my Black L920(That's the way I like my phones, nice and classy =P) today!=D
    I'll let you guys know how it goes.
  8.    #333  
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Crasto View Post
    man that sucks =/
    how?
    Few days ago, i tried Nokia Lumia 920 and 820 and wrote my full experience on my blog, do take a look.
    About L820- Part 1
    About L920- Part 2
    About Windows Phone 8- Part 3 <----MUST READ
    please enrich my blog with your valuable comments,,,,,,,,,,
    My FB page- http://Facebook.com/NextLumia

This is a sincere request to all you nokia lumia 920 owners:
    Could you please post the bands on which this indian model works?
    This should be mentioned on the lumia 920 box.
    Please just take a pic and post it.its that simple.Will help immensely
  10.    #335  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abhishek M View Post
    dude, go to www.nokia.com/in-en then go to 920 product page and specification. U will find the bands in hardware section. :)
    Case Solved
    Few days ago, i tried Nokia Lumia 920 and 820 and wrote my full experience on my blog, do take a look.
    About L820- Part 1
    About L920- Part 2
    Thanked by:

damn, had stopped checking this site altogether after they had taken down the penta bands mentioned here.

Quote Originally Posted by iamSherlocked View Post
    dude, go to www.nokia.com/in-en then go to 920 product page and specification. U will find the bands in hardware section. :)
    Case Solved
    They still don't mention the LTE bands though.Again, sry to bother u guys, does your Lumia packaging mention anything about LTE bands?

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead M0nS73R View Post
    I am planning to Port my network from Loop to Idea just for 3G, so please advice me am I doing it right ?
    All i see here is people NOT advicing to use 3G... why in the earth no ? Can anyone technically explain me the reason for it to drain the battery unless you keep downloading/using the 3G network 24/7 right ? The porting will take me 15 more days from my current network to another without changing my phone number. So please guide me, is it good to do so ?
    Or is 2G sufficient enough for L920 ?
    2G gives speed of 15 kbps MAX which is awful & of no use otherwise that is why I am going for 3G. Also I would like to get some help in 3G Data plans on the Network - "IDEA"
    I am from Mumbai, & have a Billing method of payment, NOT PRE-PAID !
    Please help me guys, need serious help regarding this ASAP !
    iam 2 years 3G user of BSNL i had some issue in there SIM(3G SIM) which drain my battery as iam iPhone 5 user i had no other choose to buy BSNL micro SIM(3G SIM) and cut in to nano sim.

there 3G sim drain the battery faster even 3G not on in the device so i changed my sim to 2G and activated 3G in it.

I am planning to Port my network from Loop to Idea just for 3G, so please advice me am I doing it right ?
    All i see here is people NOT advicing to use 3G... why in the earth no ? Can anyone technically explain me the reason for it to drain the battery unless you keep downloading/using the 3G network 24/7 right ? The porting will take me 15 more days from my current network to another without changing my phone number. So please guide me, is it good to do so ?
    Or is 2G sufficient enough for L920 ?
    2G gives speed of 15 kbps MAX which is awful & of no use otherwise that is why I am going for 3G. Also I would like to get some help in 3G Data plans on the Network - "IDEA"
    I am from Mumbai, & have a Billing method of payment, NOT PRE-PAID !
    Please help me guys, need serious help regarding this ASAP !
    apparently 3G drains the battery faster than 2G. But 3G is a must with a phone like this. No way u can use 2G on this. i switched to 3g last year and its totally worth it.

Hey.. please tell me the shop from where u purchased? Is there any EMI options available??

damn, had stopped checking this site altogether after they had taken down the penta bands mentioned here.
    Hey.. please tell me the shop from where u purchased? Is there any EMI options available??

Quote Originally Posted by jiteshghushe View Post
    I got my white 920 in Nagpur for 36k. Nice phone. Only issue is unable to open websites ending with port numbers like http://mail.xxxxxx.com:8999 or 3000
    Sorry for my last two missplaced post..

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    wp_20130116_012.jpg

My first HDR try in lumia

Hey. The box doesn't mention anything but the manual says the following on page 31. You can only use your device on the LTE 800, 900, 1800, 2100, 2600; UMTS 850, 900, 1900, 2100; GSM 850, 900, 1800, 1900 Mhz networks. Hope that helps.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by nishant786 View Post
    Hey. The box doesn't mention anything but the manual says the following on page 31. You can only use your device on the LTE 800, 900, 1800, 2100, 2600; UMTS 850, 900, 1900, 2100; GSM 850, 900, 1800, 1900 Mhz networks. Hope that helps.
    Appreciate it Nishant, this clears a lot. Thanks!

The difference, improved results
    wp_ss_20130116_0002.png

you have 45% battery & still will go on for 3 days How in the world can that happen? What settings have you kept your mobile on ?
    actually my usage was less, as i was worried abt my charge...
    Completely Drained my battery then soft reset and did a full charge
    i was using 2g efficiently and wifi was always on.... dint use nokia drive yesterday
    also i set my mail's to push every 1 hr
    as for gmail, i dint use the gmail app instead used the Outlook (i saw few threads mentioning gmail hogged a lot of battery)

Please notice also that Remaining battery life (in Settings - Battery saver - battery information) percentage is actual remaining battery capacity, so this is exact. Estimated time remaining is an algorithm that learns the user behavior and changes the time based on that.
    So if you are following this Estimate time remaining, it is especially low during the first days as when you take the phone into use, you normally download a lot of stuff etc and power usage is higher than normally. This will normalize when the phone has been in use a few days.
    Source: Battery information and Tips for Lumia 820 and 920 - Nokia Support Discussions

it wont go for 3 days
  23.    #348  
    Anyone waiting for a red one? %-)
    About L820- Part 1
    About L920- Part 2

If anyone has a good understanding of how bands/networks supported Please answer the last query mentioned in the post here:
    Pentaband Lumia 920 in India

and sry jarhead.. noclue man

Why on earth is Yellow Lumia 920 not available anywhere, I repeat, ANYWHERE in Mumbai. NPD, The Mobile Store & all other retailers I could find say that Yellow L920 has not yet launched in India, LOL.
    Can anyone confirm Please ? The only colour available in L920 is Black & White which is aweful, I dont like it at all. Y IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME :((
    Attachment 26932 Attachment 26933
    Yellow is launched in India and NPD are selling them. I had done a pre-launch order for yellow. Still waiting for it. MY Bangalore NPD said it should be available today evening or tomorrow for sure. Yellow is in great demand. At MG road branch I even saw NPD deliver a yellow NL and let me assure it is gorgeous!