Indian 920 corner

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
i have done all,
after a soft reset, its giving better performance now
also 2G/3g hogs the battery a lot... even wifi doesnt

tip, just a chklist if u missed something.
#use dark theme
#wifi off (if not using)
#bluetooth off
#Internet sharing off
#All email accounts on manual sync
#screen time out 1min
#Battery saver should turn on when battery low.
#brightness should not be automatic and be at low.
#find my phone- unchk connect easily.
#if u r using a body cover for your phone, remove it and chk battery performNce. Sometimes they cover antenna area (bottom prt of your phone) which blocks signal and consumes battery.
#do not cover antenna part while holding your phone.
#if u live in an are where signal strength fluctuates between HSPA & HSDPA (ie 3G and H shown on top of phone screen) OR HSPA & EDGE (H & E), its more prominent your battery will drain fast.
#Dont charge phone irregular. Fix a period (like in morning and evening) to charge your phone. And its always better to charge from socket directly instead via Laptop, it not only make your phone charge up faster, but increase battery life of phone and specially of your laptop.

DarthVeda

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
To add what he said, don't use 3G unless you are downloading something. 3G is a battery hog.
You can leave WiFi ON, it does not consume that much battery and using WiFi doesn't use GPRS/EDGE or 3G and with faster download of data, it might lessen the burden on your battery.

Aniruddh Sharma

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
So I read in some other thread that even when the phone is connected to WIFI, it still uses data connection unless the data is turned off.
Can any one confirm this?
Also, shouldn't the phone by default use wifi instead of 3g?

Neil Crasto

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I need help with sumin....how do u save contacts like phone numbers and names only...evertime i try to make a call it leads me to the people hub which is filled with all the facebook list and twitter list...how do i separate the contacts with the people hub?

umang_k91

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I need help with sumin....how do u save contacts like phone numbers and names only...evertime i try to make a call it leads me to the people hub which is filled with all the facebook list and twitter list...how do i separate the contacts with the people hub?

go to setting->applications->people->filter my contact list and de-select facebook and twitter.
atleast thats how u do it in wp7

Abhishek Upadhyay

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Hello guys, I've been a silent spectator of this thread and website all this while.
My time has come though, I'm getting my Black L920(That's the way I like my phones, nice and classy =P) today!=D
I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Abhishek M

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
This is a sincere request to all you nokia lumia 920 owners:
Could you please post the bands on which this indian model works?
This should be mentioned on the lumia 920 box.
Please just take a pic and post it.its that simple.Will help immensely

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
This is a sincere request to all you nokia lumia 920 owners:
Could you please post the bands on which this indian model works?
This should be mentioned on the lumia 920 box.
Please just take a pic and post it.its that simple.Will help immensely

dude, go to www.nokia.com/in-en then go to 920 product page and specification. U will find the bands in hardware section. :)
Case Solved

yajur

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I am planning to Port my network from Loop to Idea just for 3G, so please advice me am I doing it right ?
All i see here is people NOT advicing to use 3G... why in the earth no ? Can anyone technically explain me the reason for it to drain the battery unless you keep downloading/using the 3G network 24/7 right ? The porting will take me 15 more days from my current network to another without changing my phone number. So please guide me, is it good to do so ?
Or is 2G sufficient enough for L920 ?
2G gives speed of 15 kbps MAX which is awful & of no use otherwise that is why I am going for 3G. Also I would like to get some help in 3G Data plans on the Network - "IDEA"
I am from Mumbai, & have a Billing method of payment, NOT PRE-PAID !
Please help me guys, need serious help regarding this ASAP !

iam 2 years 3G user of BSNL i had some issue in there SIM(3G SIM) which drain my battery as iam iPhone 5 user i had no other choose to buy BSNL micro SIM(3G SIM) and cut in to nano sim.

there 3G sim drain the battery faster even 3G not on in the device so i changed my sim to 2G and activated 3G in it.

umang_k91

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I am planning to Port my network from Loop to Idea just for 3G, so please advice me am I doing it right ?
All i see here is people NOT advicing to use 3G... why in the earth no ? Can anyone technically explain me the reason for it to drain the battery unless you keep downloading/using the 3G network 24/7 right ? The porting will take me 15 more days from my current network to another without changing my phone number. So please guide me, is it good to do so ?
Or is 2G sufficient enough for L920 ?
2G gives speed of 15 kbps MAX which is awful & of no use otherwise that is why I am going for 3G. Also I would like to get some help in 3G Data plans on the Network - "IDEA"
I am from Mumbai, & have a Billing method of payment, NOT PRE-PAID !
Please help me guys, need serious help regarding this ASAP !

apparently 3G drains the battery faster than 2G. But 3G is a must with a phone like this. No way u can use 2G on this. i switched to 3g last year and its totally worth it.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss