Indian 920 corner

Neil Crasto

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
So I read in some other thread that even when the phone is connected to WIFI, it still uses data connection unless the data is turned off.
Can any one confirm this?
Also, shouldn't the phone by default use wifi instead of 3g?

thats cause u must hav set enable feed back to nokia and another option...u can change it in settings

bashbaliga

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Guy's from Bangalore, where are the elusive 920's hiding at ?

Croma, Brigade road seems to be having it.( Only black and white )

Is yellow available in Bangalore ?

The price seems to be 38,000 everywhere, where are the best deals at!?

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Next batch of update of whatsapp for wp8 will bring a whole lot of improvement , and could be possible it would native. So wait watch and enjoy......
BTW, i want to know who among us has completed one year on single sim and enjoyed free messaging on whatsapp, and are they gonna buy each year package or will switch to other similar apps like hike, viber, wechat or use skype which is now integrated in wp?
Just because the topic has started, i wanna tell u guys that Only Nokia Lumia Owners are privileged with free calling feature on viber. On other wp, viber only support messging.
Hit like to cheers Nokia for this gift..... :)

lordashley

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
so I went to the NPD BTM and they informed me that the Yellow phone would only be available on Saturday. some issue with customs is what i was told. so i guess the wait continues .... i happened to drop in at Sangeetha and they informed me that only black and white are launched in India. Yellow and Red wont be. When i informed them that i did see a yellow and red handset at NPD they just wont agree. :p
Anyone received NL920 today?

Divjot Singh

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey! So just bought a Lumia 920 , love the Metro UI and am amazed that it hasn't lagged even once! Found most of the apps which do the work well , however I have some issues...
India received one with Protico update

PDF Reader doesn't really open all pdf files , i tested one actually and it didn't (not password protected)
Any "cool" games , a temple run alternative?
Anyway to import facebook bdays to calendar ?
What all commands can I use for speech ? I love call and open as of now , which i wish aren't the only ones
How to use dictation typing ?
My Bing app shows vision , but not audio search etc , were they only in wp7.5
Fastest way to enable/disable wifi
What to expect in coming weeks/months?
Any file manager or something to see what all I have stored (pdfs which didn't work , other incompatible stuff?)
I get some issues while focussing very close objects , it does focus for a moment , then just goes back to blurry part , can this be expected to be fixed in a software update (seems so)
Instagram release date ?
Is there any way to access music controls from lock screen , like double tap to home button in lockscreen in iOS ?
I see this in IE10 , do you also ?
Tt1Kr.jpg

Lakshman Guntu

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Next batch of update of whatsapp for wp8 will bring a whole lot of improvement , and could be possible it would native. So wait watch and enjoy......
BTW, i want to know who among us has completed one year on single sim and enjoyed free messaging on whatsapp, and are they gonna buy each year package or will switch to other similar apps like hike, viber, wechat or use skype which is now integrated in wp?
Just because the topic has started, i wanna tell u guys that Only Nokia Lumia Owners are privileged with free calling feature on viber. On other wp, viber only support messging.
Hit like to cheers Nokia for this gift..... :)

Wow , where did you get the whatsapp information from?

nishant786

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the club! :) Lets see if we can help you.

1. There are many other alternate PDF readers. You can google some alternatives.
2. Havent really found many yet but them i'm not a gamer. Angry birds star wars seems cool and I hear temple run is coming soon. But look around you might find some.
3. Those are the only ones for Indian users for now. You can change your language settings but then they wont be as accurate. For now we have little but its perfect recognition! im sure well get more.
4. Not yet there for Indian language.
4. You can change browser and search language in settings again to the US and you'll have them back.
5. Search for connectivity shortcuts app and use it to make one and pin it to the screen.
6. Notification center is the most exciting bit. More cool apps and games are expected too.
7. There are a few in the store again google is your friend
8. Yes there seems to be a problem. Every lens type has some drawbacks.
9. No idea. But yesterday Microsoft patnered with Facebook for their new search engine. Which is a good sign.
10. Press the volume buttons.
11. Yeah. Wierd.

Hey! So just bought a Lumia 920 , love the Metro UI and am amazed that it hasn't lagged even once! Found most of the apps which do the work well , however I have some issues...
India received one with Protico update

PDF Reader doesn't really open all pdf files , i tested one actually and it didn't (not password protected)
Any "cool" games , a temple run alternative?
Anyway to import facebook bdays to calendar ?
What all commands can I use for speech ? I love call and open as of now , which i wish aren't the only ones
How to use dictation typing ?
My Bing app shows vision , but not audio search etc , were they only in wp7.5
Fastest way to enable/disable wifi
What to expect in coming weeks/months?
Any file manager or something to see what all I have stored (pdfs which didn't work , other incompatible stuff?)
I get some issues while focussing very close objects , it does focus for a moment , then just goes back to blurry part , can this be expected to be fixed in a software update (seems so)
Instagram release date ?
Is there any way to access music controls from lock screen , like double tap to home button in lockscreen in iOS ?
I see this in IE10 , do you also ?
View attachment 26998

yajur

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
i got my lumia 920 from singpore and i installed UK rom and if install indian ROM can i able to download songs from nokia music ?

Divjot Singh

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the club! :) Lets see if we can help you.

1. There are many other alternate PDF readers. You can google some alternatives.
2. Havent really found many yet but them i'm not a gamer. Angry birds star wars seems cool and I hear temple run is coming soon. But look around you might find some.
3. Those are the only ones for Indian users for now. You can change your language settings but then they wont be as accurate. For now we have little but its perfect recognition! im sure well get more.
4. Not yet there for Indian language.
4. You can change browser and search language in settings again to the US and you'll have them back.
5. Search for connectivity shortcuts app and use it to make one and pin it to the screen.
6. Notification center is the most exciting bit. More cool apps and games are expected too.
7. There are a few in the store again google is your friend
8. Yes there seems to be a problem. Every lens type has some drawbacks.
9. No idea. But yesterday Microsoft patnered with Facebook for their new search engine. Which is a good sign.
10. Press the volume buttons.
11. Yeah. Wierd.

Thanks a lot!!
Can you tell where exactly can I change search language , coz in settings > applications , i can't find lang for IE or search... Please suggest a PDF reader , I am really desperate to get it working , it feels so bad that 920 can't read them natively! Once again , thanks!!

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey! So just bought a Lumia 920 , love the Metro UI and am amazed that it hasn't lagged even once! Found most of the apps which do the work well , however I have some issues...India received one with Protico update Anyway to import facebook bdays to calendar ? My Bing app shows vision , but not audio search etc , were they only in wp7.5 I see this in IE10 , do you also ?View attachment 26998
dude, u must nt ask so much question in single post, this way its hard to answer each and may skip 1or2. Anyways, u hv got many of the answers, i am just adding to those. Fb bdays are automatically added to calander. U will see who's bday is today/tomorrow on calander tile. Music search is not available in india on any os 7.5/8 as it is linked to xbox music service which is not made available in india. Instead u can use shazam app. It comes with unlimited tagging with better features like search on utube, share, etc

nishant786

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks a lot!!
Can you tell where exactly can I change search language , coz in settings > applications , i can't find lang for IE or search... Please suggest a PDF reader , I am really desperate to get it working , it feels so bad that 920 can't read them natively! Once again , thanks!!

Hey no problem!
Here you go... Settings>System>Language+region
As far as a pdf reader is concerned. Till my lumia 7.8 I was using Adobes which was pretty good. For my Lumia 920 I haven't been able to find a replacement yet. I will get back to you ASAP.

nishant786

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
i got my lumia 920 from singpore and i installed UK rom and if install indian ROM can i able to download songs from nokia music ?

Even though the theory is sound I have a feeling it might not. Weirdly i tried that with my Lumia 800 and it didn't work. But if it does please tell us!

nishant786

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
but in navifrim i cant find any ROM releated to indian version
Yeah i noticed that too. I think its because nokia now locking down navifirm access.
In any case as i told you it might have not worked. In my theory nokia has locked down nokia music access to imei numbers of the region.

Viveksagarwal

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
2 days into my L920. But the battery life is really bad. Yeha i have done everything, by shutting down live apps to soft reset.
Is this battery problem persistent with 920? :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss